Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
Neighbor got a Pepper

It was the first time I'd seen one. It was being loaded off the transporter truck just a few minutes ago. There is no Porsche dealer here in town, the closest one is about 80 miles away. I can't tell if it was an S or a Turbo. It had some rather large-looking wheels on it, so I'm guessing it is a turbo. It's about 11:20PM right now, and it was too dark for me to really take a good look at it. I just passed by it as I was going out to the library (where I'm at right now). From the little I saw, I must say that it looks really good in person. It was white in color, and looked mean. This neighbor is somewhat of a jerk though, so I doubt I'll get a chance to fully look it over, unless I break into his garage. He also has a red 993 cab in there, with some bling-bling chrome rims on them. Not to mention another black 993, plus a Benz S500, a Lexus LS430, and a Lincoln Navigator on dubs (20 inch chrome rims, for the less informed ). He used to have a Lotus Esprit a while back.

Anyway, I have a paper to write, I better get to work!!
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 04-28-2003, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Nice neighbors, I shuold be so lucky! Mine are bragging over rusty mobile homes parked in front of their houses, and ( I shudder over this one) new Ford pickups.
1980 911 SC
1999 996 Cab
Old 04-28-2003, 09:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
Hey Scott, if you don't know there names, just look at their belt Buckles... that'll givem away..
Frank B
Old 04-28-2003, 09:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott R
Nice neighbors, I shuold be so lucky! Mine are bragging over rusty mobile homes parked in front of their houses, and ( I shudder over this one) new Ford pickups.
That sounds like some parts of Kentucky..........I should know. I live in one of the smaller houses in a nice neighborhood. Unfortunately most of my neighbors are on the arrogant side. I've tried waving to the fellow p-car owners, but they just look at me funny.

There are a few p-cars in the neighborhood already. There is a 964T 3.6, another 964, a nice looking early 928, a few Boxsters, plus my good buddy down the street has a nice '86 Zermatt Silver 944 n/a. Then there's the guy with a Ferrari F40, 512BB, and a 328GTS. A few other nice cars also, like an old-school Porsche-built benz 500E, a Jag E-type, and others that I can't think of at the moment. Makes for some nice eye-candy when I'm staring out my window, that's for sure. My beat-up 944 is the red-headed stepchild of the group. After working this summer, hopefuly I'll have enough money to bring her back to good condition, although I'll still get no respect from my neighbors .
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 04-28-2003, 10:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott R
I hate them. I hate them all
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearldrum
Quote:
There is a 964T 3.6, another 964, a nice looking early 928, a few Boxsters, plus my good buddy down the street has a nice '86 Zermatt Silver 944 n/a. Then there's the guy with a Ferrari F40, 512BB, and a 328GTS. A few other nice cars also
I should be hanging out in Lexington more often...
There are a lot of porsches in louisville, but NO ferraris
Old 04-29-2003, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Macfreak007
Pearldrum there are a few ferraris in the east end out in prospect, lol, and a ton of 944's, louisville is good for the porsches
Old 04-29-2003, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearldrum
Quote:
Pearldrum there are a few ferraris in the east end out in prospect, lol, and a ton of 944's, louisville is good for the porsches
really? I've seen 4 in the last like 6 years. Yeah prospect is good for high-end cars. Always see bentlys, vipers, porsches, bmw, mercedes...
Old 04-29-2003, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I'll see a Ferrari once a month or so over here. Only when the weather is warm though, they all stay inside for the winter. One of my friends insists there is a white Lamborghini Diablo running around town, but I'm yet to see it. I think most people would be surprised that there are any Ferraris in Kentucky, period. We should have a KY 944 get-together sometime, over the summer maybe.
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD

Last edited by Nabeel; 04-29-2003 at 10:04 AM..
Old 04-29-2003, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Macfreak007
yeah we really should, theres a bunch of guys from the local PCA that would love to get together and me and pearldrum
Old 04-29-2003, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
least common denominator

Re: Neighbor got a Pepper

Quote:
Originally posted by Nabeel
This neighbor is somewhat of a jerk though, so I doubt I'll get a chance to fully look it over, unless I break into his garage. He also has a red 993 cab in there, with some bling-bling chrome rims on them. Not to mention another black 993, plus a Benz S500, a Lexus LS430, and a Lincoln Navigator on dubs (20 inch chrome rims, for the less informed ). He used to have a Lotus Esprit a while back.

Hmmm... "wealth is wasted on the wealthy?"
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I grew up in an area where most people had more $'s than sense. God I hate those people, and some of them are related to me...

Just remember living well is the best revenge

81 924 N/A

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Old 04-29-2003, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: