Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cool My travels

Just thought i'd tell you about my travels over the last fortnight. I was telling FRANKYDOOM who usually posts here and he suggested telling you guys.

I've got a 924 Carrera GT Copy, got it from Frankydoom (pic below).

I live in the South of England, Berkshire area and decided to visit some friends and family up in the far north of Scotland where i come from. The journey was around 670 miles and would take approx 13hours so i did the usual checks, water, oil and tyres etc and set off at Midday on the 16th of April. 5 hours later i had travelled about 400 miles and was crossing the Forth Road bridge near Edinburgh (I had to fill the tank again on the borders of Scotland and England) After i crossed the bridge and drove the smaller roads north i was in my old local pub at around 9pm. two tanks of fuel, 655 miles and 9 hours is all it took and the car behaved brilliantly, no rattles or whines or anything that would make me feel nervous about travelling such a distance. I spent 12 days in a place called Wick, in the far north of Scotland. while i was there i was like the town millionaire driving about in a fancy car and getting admiring looks. I didn't manage to get any female action though but a friend borrowed the car one night and returned it with 400 extra miles on the clock, a full tank of fuel and muddy feet marks on the inside passenger door! you can guess where they came from. anyway, i had to get the car MOT'd as well but all it needed was a set of brake pipes and 2 fuel pipes. On the way back i left at 12:30 midday and arrived back home at 23:30 in the evening. it was a bit slower as it was dark and raining. Anyways, the 924 performed better than the old Peugeot 306 i had and i'm well delighted with it now. I promised it an oil change and a wash this weekend!.

Old 04-30-2003, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Forgot to say that for an old car it certainly can shift! someone in a RS Focus tried to race me but i held it at a constant 90mph until he passed me, he must have got bored or couldn't drive at 90 as i had to overtake him to get him out of the way..
Old 04-30-2003, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Nice

81 924 N/A

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

You had more luck than me my last big although not that big journey was from Chichester to Cheltenham.
I got a flat on the M4 made it to Melbury services only to find I had no jack handle (only had the car a month) which could be bad but not the end of the world as I had a screwdriver to hand, end of trouble I thought but Oh no!
I then found that the space saving spare wheel that the person I bought the car from insisted he had purchaced especialy for the car didn't bloody fit!!! not very happy at all but that was nothing compared to the happyness of my dad who to drive up from Chichester with one of my other wheels DOH!!!!.
Wish all my journeys were like ur's!!

Paul

1989 911 3.2 Carrera sport
slate grey
Old 04-30-2003, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
How's the Golf in Scotland these days?
If it's not Scottish it's crap!!!
Old 04-30-2003, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Hi Frank, Suppose the Golf is still the same, don't play it myself. I prefer football (soccer).
Old 05-01-2003, 06:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fty
That car allways looks very cool....good luck with it and welcome...
Old 05-02-2003, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: