Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Car is dead

well i didnt know you guys very well but I gathered alot of information from your forum. after owning my first car for almost a year, it was totalled today. It was fun while it lasted and I will probably never own a car that was nearly as enjoyable as this. The car is pretty much good up to the front, the engine looks intact but the radiator is smashed in. the bumper was ripped clean off and the hood and fenders are bent. The car is probably no longer drivable at this point. If anyone is interested in using it as a parts car, its in great shape otherwise, i really treated it well, contact me. I live in Towson, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Ouch, sorry to hear about that. Judging by the pictures, it looks like you had well-kept 924......pretty rare.

Hope you are alright.

Good Luck.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to overkill
Sorry big guy,...GET ANOTHER ONE!!!!
Old 04-30-2003, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
ya im fine, i barely even moved, this car is truly a safe car for one with no airbags and low clearance. The other guys fine too. I probably wont buy another one. As a student, im strapped for cash, too expensive.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I would love it as a parts car. Unfortunatly I have nowhere to store it. Yours is the same year as mine. I would love to buy some parts!!!!! The car is actually worth less as a whole. You can make more money parting it out. If your interested Ill send you a money order tomorrow!!!!

81 924 N/A

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
Quote:
Originally posted by Tex
ya im fine, i barely even moved, this car is truly a safe car for one with no airbags and low clearance. The other guys fine too. I probably wont buy another one. As a student, im strapped for cash, too expensive.
I know the feeling. Keep your eyes pealed, a 944 n/a might show up sometime soon for a good price.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
Sorry to hear about your car. That sucks.

Hey Overkill, I smell a new project for ya.. sell this guy your car, he's only like 2 hours away from both of us, and you'll still be able to get the rice burner, And rebuild this pretty cool 924.... do I smell something burning?

Frank B
Old 04-30-2003, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
If your interested, the car needs to be removed from the impound lot by monday, or sooner, because of the high fee, $17 a day. also the car cannot be driven as it is. It would need to be flatbed towed or shipped somehow.

private message me or post in forum and ill send you my email if you are interested.

I think the engine still works and the bodies good except for the front. The interior is good, the trannys fairly good. It was a good car up till yesterday.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
i think the body damage would be about $2k+ for a professional as far as replacing the bumper, fenders, and hood. the radiator and other mechanical stuff would need to be replaced. the engine looks like its not bad, it looks fairly intact. cant tell though.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: