Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to fty
Todwic-shift linkage points

Hey todwic where are those shift linkage points? I gotta get this thing goin monday, i gotta drive out and pick up the car and bring it to the body shop on Mon. Thx agian....!!!!-chris
Old 05-02-2003, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
ok, Here's the main ones:
  1. on top of the throttle body, where the throttle cable wraps around the throttle cam. 13mm
  2. follow throttle cable to fire wall: Jam nut and adj. buckle. 13mm
  3. @ the transmission, the kickdown lever: ball socket, locknut to cable: 13mm.

If you want to re adjust the whole damn thing here's the procedure:

1. unhook the cable from the tranny and unloop it from the throttle cam.
  2. at the tranny, from the bracket to the end of the metal on the cable (the dog and locknut) should be 29mm.
  3. Hook the cable to the lever.
  4. the firewall cable should hold the dog on the cable in the recess that it's intended for, and just before the throttle opens.
  5. the adj. at the trottle plate should be so that the kickdown lever is "pretensioned" between 2 and 3 mm from the rest position.
  6. you may need an assistant for this bit: push the throttle pedal down untill you feel the first noticable pressure. the dog in the slot of the throttle cam should be at the same place as when you don't press the throttle pedal, and the throttle should be WOT.
  7. with the pedal to the floor, at the point of kickdown, the dog should be against it's stop.
If you email me @:res1ud7r@verizon.net, I'll email you the pdf that contains photos and the procedure.
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: