Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Unhappy Help needed removing a door lock

The key doesn't turn in the lock on the passenger door of my 924S so, last night, I tried to take it off to look at it.

Opening my trusty Haynes manual I removed the trim panel and got to the step that called for opening the plastic clip to remove the connector. I'm hoping that I am not blind and that this is because it is the 944 manual and the mechanism is different in 924S's.

I can't see a plastic clip or connector to remove. I did remove a sheet of metal that appeared to be supporting the window track, mostly so that I could get a better look at things, but it didn't help. The lock was still hidden by the window track. I also remove the screw from the edge of the door. This let the handle move about 1/16", i.e. not enough to do any good.

So, can anyone give me a few clues as to how to proceed?
Old 05-02-2003, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Custom User Title

My passenger lock was completely stuck. Just for giggles I tried spraying wd40 into it and all over the mechanism, waited a minute, and like magic it works beautifully. If you've already tried that, tell me to shut up and get some real help
Old 05-02-2003, 11:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Ok so you removed the screw on the side of the door..... (where that screw is screwed in... gently push in at that spot, it sometimes keeps the handle from being pulled out) and then pull on the handle.....she should come loose....

She will pop out about 1-1.5 inches... then you can remove the plastic clip.

You dont need to remove the panel from inside...
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 05-02-2003, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: