Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Dear Pelican board...

Your website is second to none. It has provided me and many with infinite wisdom that help us keep are cars on the road.

I would like to appeal to your generosity and ask you, if you could update your parts diagrams for later models 944 and 951.

Thanking you all in advance

Joao Silva

http://www.p-caronline.com/directory/coupe

Porsche 944 Turbo, 1986
Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, 1997
Old 05-03-2003, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I'm sure they would like to, but I think it is more driven by Porsche than by a lack of desire to post them on the BBS.

As an example, they can post the pictures on the website, but if you ever get the CD from them, the diagrams are not there - Porsche will not allow it.

In realated news, Porsche has finally complied with the new US law that make it manditory to make repair manuals and the like available online.

you can find it here: http://techinfo.porsche.com

Unfortunately, in the continuing tradition of doing the absolute minimum required to be in complience with the law (see OBD-2 standard vs Porsche System Tester 2) All the information is avaialble, however a 1 year subscription will cost $5200\year or you can pay be the document at $110 per doc.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 05-04-2003, 06:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

And the hue and cry is for Porsche to stay "independent"? Maybe being taken over by a more customer friendly corporation might be for the best......

Just my humble opinion.....
Old 05-04-2003, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

That is extreme money for any individual to pay for any sort of diagrams. I have spend over US$5000 on my 951 in less than a year.
Dr. Porsche should release diagrams free for any model over 10 years of age. This in my opinion would help keep these great cars on the roads and away from the scrap yards. Wishfull thinking here.

Service and technical drawings are included with ships, the field that I am in, and in all honesty, it helps the engineers onboard to trouble shoot and order the correct parts. Sometimes even having ago themselves, creating more troubles, and having to call the Service engineers. Release these drawings. I'm all for it. ;-)

http://www.p-caronline.com/directory/coupe

Porsche 944 Turbo, 1986
Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, 1997
Old 05-04-2003, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
I agree that the sight is the best. I am on a number of different messageboards and I enjoy this one the most. The people have a great sense of humor and the people seem to be pretty knowledgable. I have used this board a number of times in helping myself find parts and figure out my options when I break something.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: