Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Looking at getting a 944...

I did some research last summer, and was planning on maybe getting fty's car, but he decided to keep it and we couldnt make a deal. So, I am still looking to get a 944. I live in the Albany, NY area and am looking for preferably and Guards Red 944 with less than 100,000 miles on it. I am looking to spend around 5,000 for one, can this be done? I want it to be in pretty good condition because I am 18 and am going to college next year as a Freshman and want to have the car at home and not put too much money into it in repairs. Are there any in my area that you know of on this board? Also, any input or suggestions would be great! Thanks.

*Sorry if this might be on the wrong board, im new here
Old 05-05-2003, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to 85944na Send a message via AIM to 85944na
I'm 20, have a guards red 944 that sits at home most of the time when I'm at college, then when I bring it to school I blow the tranny. For 5000 you can get a decent 944, but not wanting to put too much money in it is a problem. You should always be prepared and if you want to spend 5000 and have a reliable car that won't need much maintainance you should buy a honda. I love my car and don't regret it, but I lost count a long time ago of how much I have in it. They are pretty reliable cars, but parts are expensive, just be careful, keep some extra cash around in case, and you'll really enjoy it.
-Ryan

Early 85 G-red 944na, S2 transmission, Ice Shark grounds, Cibie E-Code lights, turbo rear valance, 924S gauges, Turbo S full power seats, "Porsche" door handles, Enkei Wheels.
95 Infiniti G20 dark red metallic-for sale soon
87 BMW 325ic Bronzit, stock(for now)
Old 05-05-2003, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I know I am going to have to put in money so I am prepared to maybe put in 1500 for things that go wrong when I get it. I currently have a 1989 BMW 325i and it runs awesome and is in mint condition but I want something sportier. If anyone knows if there are any 944's for sale in my area let me know! Also, any input would be great. This is a really great board from what I can tell so far and it seems like the peopel here are really great.
Old 05-05-2003, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to 85944na Send a message via AIM to 85944na
Sounds like you're on the right page, they are really fun cars, check this out for more info, and search the boards, the timing belts and water pumps are a big deal, the clutch is a major job, and be nice to your tranny..trust me.
http://www.weissach.net/924-944-968_FAQs.html

oh, and Ryan is a dumb name
-Ryan

Early 85 G-red 944na, S2 transmission, Ice Shark grounds, Cibie E-Code lights, turbo rear valance, 924S gauges, Turbo S full power seats, "Porsche" door handles, Enkei Wheels.
95 Infiniti G20 dark red metallic-for sale soon
87 BMW 325ic Bronzit, stock(for now)
Old 05-05-2003, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to overkill
I sell you mine for $6000 I'm am asking 6,800 but would be willing to settle for 6,000 You live fairly close too.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Overkill, thanks for the post, I will let you know...by the way, your car looks awesome. Thats just what I am looking for!
Old 05-06-2003, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: