Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Question Clutch Question???

I am currently half way done doing a clutch job on my 87 944S. I am having a problem with getting the bell housing off. I have taken the four bolts off and don't see any more? And I don't know if the release lever pivot shaft is supposed to come all the way off. It is loose and out as far as I can get it. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

yep, it has to come all the way out.

many times you can use a long bolt to get it out.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 05-08-2003, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Ornery Bastard

If you don't mind my asking, how the hell did you get the transmission dropped? I have been working at my '87 924S since late Saturday and I still haven't got the transaxle dropped! I can't get the driveshaft decoupled.

I'm doing the job in a friend's barn and I'm very, very close to just throwing it all back together and adding "clutch replacement" to "belt replacement/adjustment" on my list of jobs that need to be done by someone who is not me. I've had just about enough of being on a creeper under this car. The 914 is much nicer to work on.

Aaron
Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen)
White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei)
Old 05-08-2003, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Re: Clutch Question???

Quote:
Originally posted by andrew4266
[B]And I don't know if the release lever pivot shaft is supposed to come all the way off.

Yes, You have to get that pivot shaft out or that bell housing won't come out. The hell with the tradition way of taking out that piviot shaft by screwing a bolt at the end. What I did is spin bell housing so you can see a hole where the piviot shaft is lock in. Just use a 6in or more 1/4 inch long extension and bang it out.

My Gaming Forums. Xbox360gen.com
Old 05-08-2003, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
You know what, thats a great idea! I actually fabricated a puller out of washers and copper pipe, your way sounds like a great idea.
1980 911 SC
1999 996 Cab
Old 05-08-2003, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: