Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Red face Disc Pads

I know some of the purists out there may not like the idea of this,but I heard some where that it is possible to get VW disc pads to suit a Standard 84,944. Has any one heard this or even had brake pads relined, or do you guys think it is too risky. I do not race the tractor and 190km/h is the fastest I have been (our speed limit is 120km/h) and I have had 3 speeding fines the last 2 months. Unfortunately they are introducing demerit points here soon so could end up losing my licence if I am not careful.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

As you are not participating in track events, you could use Rebco pads. They cost about $25 an axle. I used them for years. They will not stand up to track events but are ok for general motoring.

Don't know about putting VW pads on 944. Maybe yes, maybe no.

People are as opinionated about brake pads as they are about motor oil and religion.
1987 328GTS
2011 528i
Old 05-09-2003, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Eduardo Castrejón Elbjorn
You live in Africa - I don´t if exist near to you a Porsche dealer or an aftermarket industry is easily available ?

I supose that you can go to a brakes store and find a replacement.

I have almost the same problem because in my country never sells 944´s then here do not sell anything for my 944

I say you about the brake store because I found the replacement for my M calipers pads, are the same of the rabbit ! (easily and hugely available).

Good luck !
Old 05-10-2003, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: