Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
Angry Enough is Enough

Alright, I am getting sick of the import scene here. Their king (joey) owns a lil shop here in town called Excessive Autosports...and it's a joke. I am on a local messageboard (ussually being a ***** and a smart @$$) and I've been reading some of the crap he's said and he's a moron. He knows the basic rule of thumb, but he doesn't know a whole lot about anything. I'm just getting sick of this guy, and everybody praises him like he's something great. IMO he's nothing but a glorified honda boy. I did some asking around about the guy and I have been told that he doesn't even have anything more than a highschool diploma...which means that he really isn't anything all that impressive. I mean seriously, if you're going to own a shop go to school for it. Besides, I have been able to prove the guy wrong on some of the crap he says (which I should NEVER be able to do with a guy that owns his own "performance" shop) and i've just kept my mouth shut cuz I wanna be able to use his dyno. This guy is choosing to build an s2000 before he touches his TT supra or his brand new mitsu EVO. He also has a NSX with NOS and an MR2 turbo that hasn't had an engine in it for about a year now. He also just bought a Tahoo and has put dubs on it and slammed it. I just don't get it...he says he's had a 10 sec. civic, but I find that kind of far out there. Besides, why would you build a drag civic anyways??? I mean c'mon, there's much better choices. And if he spends all this money on his cars, why doesn't he just buy a damn skyline and smoke everybody and everything. Sorry, I just had to vent...and everybody here thinks I'm full of *****.
Old 05-10-2003, 09:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Joey sure sounds like he has some money to spend if he has toys like that. Or maybe he has a secret crew of civics and they hijack trucks carrying electronic equipment. Just use him for his dyno. If his Honda was a track only car, considering he has money and hook ups to load it up with fast goodies, then maybe he could have had a 10 sec car, for a while.
-Gus.
pictures
Old 05-10-2003, 10:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to overkill
Check it out,... hes dumb smart. He is stupid when it comes down to the technical stuff but then again he owns his own shop and it appears that he is making money becuase of all the vehicles he owns, therefore he has some business know how. I mean if he did all that on his own,... leave him alone. Who cares what he does or what other people think of him (good or bad),... use his dyno, thats it. If he tries to lesson you in a dickful way,... then lay it down on him.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Ornery Bastard

The most convenient person I can think of whom I know with "just" a HS diploma can build a steam engine from the ground up, owns a cherry '68 427 Corvette convertible (restored it on his own, every bolt is correct), 4-5 Harleys (one new, the others "classic" Harleys) and makes over $100 per hour as a consultant for machining firms. He'll also bend over backwards to help someone out.

Degrees past HS are not necessarily indicative of a person's ability.

Aaron
Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen)
White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei)
Old 05-10-2003, 11:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
Quote:
Originally posted by AaronM
The most convenient person I can think of whom I know with "just" a HS diploma can build a steam engine from the ground up, owns a cherry '68 427 Corvette convertible (restored it on his own, every bolt is correct), 4-5 Harleys (one new, the others "classic" Harleys) and makes over $100 per hour as a consultant for machining firms. He'll also bend over backwards to help someone out.

Degrees past HS are not necessarily indicative of a person's ability.

Aaron
thank you Arron
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 05-11-2003, 12:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Re: Enough is Enough

Quote:
Originally posted by gearhead290
This guy is choosing to build an s2000 before he touches his TT supra or his brand new mitsu EVO. He also has a NSX with NOS and an MR2 turbo that hasn't had an engine in it for about a year now.
man f*ck this college crap im opening up a ricer shop. (not that i want those cars specifically but imagine the cars you could have with that kind of money)
Old 05-11-2003, 12:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
I've also talked to some actual mechanics (past students of my dad's) and they all think he's full of BS. I've also talked to a few people that he's done business with...they won't go back. Anybody who has ever wrenched on anything agrees with me on him being a glorified honda boy. BTW...he did not start the shop himself, his father died and left it to Joey in his will.
Old 05-11-2003, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to 944ThatCould
Hey.. Those s2000's are quick.. and they handle VERY well.

NOS is the company.
Nitrous is prounced as the gas.
n20 is the element.
Nitrous is not flamable, only combustable.

Go Nawwwws! =)
Old 05-11-2003, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: