Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via ICQ to interglossa
It's Alive!!

Well after a month of busy weekends and extensive internal surgery, my 944 has sprung back to life without so much as a sputter. I would have posted up to date pictures and comments, if i'd had a digicam and time. But, here's the skinny.

By some still unknown cause, the engine was puking out oil under the exhaust mani. So i'd decided i'd had enough. So i tore it all apart. Down to the bare block. What i found amazed me considering everything else i've discovered while tearing down other parts of the car. The engine was friggin spotless. The head's passages were clear and clean. Barely any deposits on the valves, and the tops of the pistons looked great. So i went ahead and resealed pretty much everything that was leaking.
Head gasket, front seals and everything from there on up. Gave it a good once over cleaning job with what i had.

Luckily the local porsche dealer has a really cool guy at the service counter who let me borrow the timing belt tool (p9201) for the afternoon. Pretty simple to use once you get the hang of it.
So to make this long story short, everything went back together to my amazement (first time doing a job of this proportion) and she as soon as fuel reached the injectors she fired right up. No smoke out the back only some from the manifolds as the remainder of the oil i spilled on it (oops) burned off.

One small detail however. I have to wait till tomorrow when my new brake booster check valve gets here. I broke the nipple off the old one for the hose that goes to the vacuum canister.

Anyhow, special thanks to everyone from the board that helped with my questions and thanks to Pelican, Zims and the guys at Haynes.
Can't wait to get it into my shop on tuesday to spray off all the oil on the undercarriage. Bloody mess that is.
Good day all.
Old 05-11-2003, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ilikemy944
Whoohoo!!!

Current: '86 951 Sunroof Delete - '89 951 - '83 944 Spec - '08 Cayenne Turbo
Past: '88 924S Track - '86 944 16v - '87 951 - '87 951 - '88 951S - '08 Cayman S - '87 944 Track - '93 968
Old 05-11-2003, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
What a great feeling!

My Gaming Forums. Xbox360gen.com
Old 05-11-2003, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

nice to hear good stuff like this...congrats !

Early '85 944
Old 05-11-2003, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: