Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Help! I can't get my door open

Ok so the bottom as dropped out of the tempurature and as fate would have it my car has started to develope problems. The most annoying is that my door handle on the driver side has stopped working. The door latch on the passenger side, and on the inside of the door still work. and the lock functions correctly. I still feel resestance when i'm squeezing the latch but it never releases. Is thier an adjustment that i can make on the linkage. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Old 12-12-2000, 04:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Mein Gott!

Garage
Yes I have this same problem as the temperatures are really going down now. I squeezed some graphite powder into the small opening in which the handle comes out of. This helped to an extent, but it looks like we've gotta just live with it, as its not a lubrication issue.
Old 12-12-2000, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Cebu
There is a linkage that can be adjusted. Remove inner door panel oporate the external door lever and note the rod movement,It is a ball and socket attachment. detach rod from ball and rotate rod end(extend the legnth) and reattach.

Old 12-12-2000, 06:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: