Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Oops, I did it again! Turbo S - Silberossa

Hey everyone, been awhile since I had a 944. And I thought I swore them off a long time ago! Anyway, found a great little 88 Turbo S with 95k, the plaid seats, silver rose, etc. Feels good to be back in the 951! I need some help with parts, namely front seats (plaid), performance exhaust (ss), dash (burgundy), gearshift (burgundy) and wheels (17"). Anyone have any of these items? I'll post a pic of the ride soon. Scott, you may want to check this one out before I take it too far!
Old 06-16-2003, 12:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to XJOSHX Send a message via Yahoo to XJOSHX
Congrats and good luck. I have a spare set of 17" C2's but I am not to sure if I want to sell them yet. I got some brown leather seats from a 84 but they are really ugly. Can't wait to see the pics. I have always wanted a turbo S.
1984 944 N/A (Sold)
1986 944 N/A (Sold)
Old 06-16-2003, 04:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Congrats - and beautiful car!! Have you seen the page below? Specific TON of info ot the Turbo S!

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/4786/

1985.5 944
Dodge Viper Blue on black/tan
white face gauges
throttle cam
short shift kit
Old 06-16-2003, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
least common denominator

I doubt there is much wolfpri doesn't know about the Turbo S... I think this is what your third or something like that?

I would like to get a look at it sometime.

Your funny Erick, just can't kick the 951 habit.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Turbo S's are great cars and I'm lucky to be able to enjoy them. This latest one I'm doing a mild restoration on. The interior is being restored to original specs with like new plaid seat$ while the exterior will remain mostly stock. I just bought a genuine set of 17" C2 911 Turbo wheels (7.5 and 9) and a new set of Contis for them. I'll lower the car about 1" and then maybe install a chip and cat back exhaust. My goal is to make the ultimate street going reliable and drivable 951. With 300 flywheel hp, the 17's with 225 and 255 and a kick-butt interior it should be a very nice ride. Pics will follow.

BTW turns out that the block in this car was #135 out of 1830 turbo s engines built in 88. I believe it may be one of the first turbo S's to be imported into the country. It was originally sold in Vegas on 1/28/88 and was built in 10/88.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Hey Erick............

It should look like one fine ride once you are done....... !!!

I am putting your old car through a little resto of its own..... hehehe

www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 06-17-2003, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to PorscheG96
Hahah, nice. How's that Boxster S been, and how many miles are on it now? Watch the oversteer on this one, okay??
Old 06-17-2003, 09:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

Well it's a good thing you had a change of heart. How could anyone swear off 951s?? Sacrilege! Post some pics so we can take a look.....
Old 06-17-2003, 10:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

AE - lets see some pics of that sparkling LM6Y 951 when you're done with it. I hope you paint t the original color as it was extremely rare and breathtaking. That car was my first 951 and a whole lot of fun! It turned 13.6 @109 on 91 octane at Carlsbad. I think that was the first weekend after CA switched to 91 octance and soon thereafter the head gasket let go. After grommit and I replaced the head it always ran like a champ, even though he was a wuss in going back to the k26/6. Too bad about the situation with grommit when you purchased the car but at least its in your garage now and you got a good deal. I haven't heard from him yet - he probably still owes you a set of wheels and still owes me my V-1.

As for the current car I should have pics this weekend after putting the new wheels on and lowering and aligning it. Hopefully the seats will come through by next week although it is a challenge finding these funky plaid things in good shape. Seems that they wore out relatively quickly. As for oversteer, that won't be a problem with decent 255 tires in the rear. My famous wipe out was largely due to bald tires on my old red Turbo S.

The Boxster is a great car, very well put together save for the rear main seal. The dealer replaced it at the 15k service! They also managed to botch just about everything else while performing the service. Aside from that the car has been absolutely perfect.

The 911 is currently in storage and hopefully will get out to see some autocrosses later this year when things settle down a bit. Gonna have to put an SDS EFI on it eventually as the 40 mm carbs are way to small for the worked over 3.2.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
least common denominator

Erick,

Who worked on your car and did the bad job?

I work Saturdays with Sunday and Monday as my weekend drop me a email if you need a extra hand with your car.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Erick,

A fellow on the Rennlist 951 board has a fire damaged silverrose car he's wanting to part out.

I know you can no longer get the plaid material from Porsche to have the seats recovered, but he may be interested in parting with the seats separate from the car.

Unfortunately, I believe he's listing the whole car on eBay.

Good luck, and congrats!

http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=005505
Old 06-19-2003, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Quote:
Originally posted by wolfrpi
AE - lets see some pics of that sparkling LM6Y 951 when you're done with it. I hope you paint t the original color as it was extremely rare and breathtaking. That car was my first 951 and a whole lot of fun! It turned 13.6 @109 on 91 octane at Carlsbad. I think that was the first weekend after CA switched to 91 octance and soon thereafter the head gasket let go. After grommit and I replaced the head it always ran like a champ, even though he was a wuss in going back to the k26/6. Too bad about the situation with grommit when you purchased the car but at least its in your garage now and you got a good deal. I haven't heard from him yet - he probably still owes you a set of wheels and still owes me my V-1.
Erick - ..........yah numbnuts finally called. He actually shipped the wheels. Go figure...... I will be repainting that car in the winter. Tyring to decide if I like LM6Y. Its hard to tell there are about 5 different shades of that color on it. Which panel has the original color? hehehe. Once its done I will post pictures..... I am also installing a vitesse stage 2 kit, 55 lb injetors etc etc etc... so hopefully she will come out of her 'wuss' status. Take care.
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 06-19-2003, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to PorscheG96
Quote:
Originally posted by ae1969
I am also installing a vitesse stage 2 kit, 55 lb injetors etc etc etc... so hopefully she will come out of her 'wuss' status. Take care.
Sounds like your car is gonna kick some ass in short order. Be sure to let us know how the Vitesse stuff works out for you and the car.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Thanks for the heads-up G96. I actually bought the seats from that car and we're now trying to ship them. My last resort is UPS!
Old 06-19-2003, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
least common denominator

Porsche Crest

Will work for beer
Old 06-19-2003, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to overkill
That's a 951S SE. Congrats, now I'm really friggin JEALOUS!!!
Old 06-19-2003, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

I read somewhere there was some company in Australia that had the silver rose fabric??

http://hobbystage.net/porsche/polar/
Old 06-19-2003, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by kgain968
I read somewhere there was some company in Australia that had the silver rose fabric??
IIRC it was some other seat fabric like the "disco craze checkers," but not specifically the "psychedelic plaid."

They're in New Zealand, I think.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
least common denominator

Yep

http://www.lemansoriginalfabrics.com/

Sounds like Erick already has some seats lined up... dosn't matter I will probably put Recaro's in it when he gets tired of the car and sells it to me.

Old 06-20-2003, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

Speaking of seats, any reccommendations on getting split seams fixed between the front of the side bolsters and the center panel on leather seats?
Old 06-25-2003, 10:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: