Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to will944
Question Front brakes.....

Alright

I have an 87 NA......and I finally have the money to buy all the parts I need for my front brakes. So I am asking everyone where the best prices are for the products I need....

loaded rebuilt calipers.......944-online has them for $150??

slotted or cross drilled rotors?? and how much should I pay??

Stainless Steel brake lines....paragon has a set for $65??

Sensors....paragon has them for $6.50 ea.

Thanks for the help!!

87 951
C3 Stingray

Last edited by will944; 07-15-2003 at 07:53 AM..
Old 07-15-2003, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rebuild the calipers your self. Rebuild kits are available for around $20.00 each from NAPA or your local parts store. The front and rear calipers are different, so make sure you get the correct kits.

If you are not going to track the car, the I would recommend the stock rotors. If you have to go fancy, then most would recommend slotted over cross-drilled because the cross-drilled rotors tend to crack.

Brake lines and sensors are a toss up. Tons of sources on the 'Net, and the prices are all about the same. However, some owners don't replace the sensors, they just jumper the connector and then tie-wrap it out of harms way.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to will944
Porsche944

I was thinking about rebuilding them myself, but I no longer have access to the tools I use to at my parents house, and can't allow for any down time. Soooo....I thought I would just go with the loaded rebuilt calipers. It sucks only having one vehicle!!!

I have heard stories about drilled rotors cracking, sounds like I should go for some slotted rotors.

I have simply removed the sensors in the past, and now my brake warning light stays on....so I figure I will just replace them being so cheap.

Thanks for your help
87 951
C3 Stingray
Old 07-16-2003, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Certified Rennwerker

Send a message via MSN to 924Sman
Go with ATE rotors if not going to track as Cliff stated. Why spend double the cash. Slotted for daily driving is a waste of money. If tracking the car try Powerslot rotors. They are made from Brembo blanks and are around 170 bucks each. ATE is 55 bucks each at 944Racing.com Drilled are ok for the rear but not the front! Check over the brakes, my 87 did not come with sensors! Sman

Last edited by 924Sman; 07-16-2003 at 01:21 PM..
Old 07-16-2003, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: