Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post How much do you Autox???

I was just wondering how many board members regularly run in autocrosses and how many they usually run in a season. I started running last year and plan on running in at least 3-4 a month Till the season ends in October. So I hope to get about 20 events in baring major mechanical failure.

So who else out there is using the Porsche the way god intended. (Expecially for us NA's)

------------------
If you drive it, Race it
Dave
'87 944

Old 04-12-2001, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
I did it for the last two races in 99, about all the season at the regional level in 00, and have missed one race this season so far. However I must've ran 17 or so auto-xes, cause I don't mind the drive to somewhere out of my own reagion, if I think the course/event's gonna kick ass...

Car dynamics help, and I've never gotten beat by another front engined (I drive an 84 NA) in raw times. But I will point out, miatas are made for parking lot driving, the NAs' sprit is to be driven fast a little faster than that, but they still kick ass...

Mechanical failure? Funny enough, I've gone longer through without having ANY failures when I auto-xed.
Ahmet

------------------
It's all the driver...
Old 04-12-2001, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I've never auto-x'd even though I'd like to. I don't know of any events around my area (Idaho, Twin Fall). Is there a web site that lists places that hold Auto-x's? I'd drive a couple hours for one.

------------------
rL
88' 951
2k VW Golf 1.8L TURBO
Reluctantly crouched at the starting line...
Old 04-12-2001, 11:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
www.SCCA.org
Ahmet

------------------
It's all the driver...
Old 04-13-2001, 12:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

www.autocross.com

more specifically for Idaho:
http://www.ida.net/users/lewisr/eiscc1.html - Eastern Idaho SCC,

Looks like you have some races in Pocetello.

Ya know we're actually fairly close. At least as close as anyone comes to Helena, MT. Maybe i'll try and swing out for an autocross.

------------------
If you drive it, Race it
Dave
'87 944

[This message has been edited by Dave's 944 (edited 04-13-2001).]
Old 04-13-2001, 01:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I started autox late in the season last year (northeast). did three or four. Will do more this year and a drivers ed. Did one SCCA event last year. It sucked. Too many cars. Got 3 runs. I get 6 to 10 with the PCA and BMW clubs.

John
Old 04-13-2001, 05:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

3-4 a month? you're Lucky!

Around here, we have the oportunity to do 2 a month, max.
Old 04-13-2001, 05:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Well in order to get 4 a month i have to race in about 3 different clubs. It also helps that i dont mind driving a good ways to get to a race. Besides what could you possibly be doing on sunday thats more fun.

------------------
If you drive it, Race it
Dave
'87 944
Old 04-13-2001, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Bay Area Patriot

Haven't been in a year......sadly....the cherry on my car has seemed to have come back......gonna have to pop it again..please setup the cones

------------------
Sorry Officer, my bag of crack fell and while trying to reach it my gun got wedged in between the gas and the brake causing me to speed insanely.
Old 04-13-2001, 10:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I used to auto-x all the time when I had a couple of VW GTIs. I really got hooked. Since I have had my 944na, I only auto-x a couple of times a year. Our region of the PCA holds some pretty cool ones on some awesome courses. I am one of the only guys running a 944, everyone else is running 911s.

Old 04-15-2001, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: