Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

new momo knob install

for all those posts about momo knob replacements......here's a pic. bought an action knob off ebay, looks brand new. cut 1 1/2 off old blade-like post. slipped on adapter(looks like steel, 2 1 /2 in long with a long slot in the center. cut boot just enough to go to bottom of momo collar(nut). put small strip of tape around boot to hold temporarily in place. put black zip tie around and cut off. overall height is down about 1 inch.

Old 08-06-2003, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The knob looks good!!
pictures
Old 08-07-2003, 12:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

It looks good. I have used the same setup.

Let us know after you've lived with it awhile if you can solve the problem with the noise, harshness and vibration.
08 Mercedes-Benz E 350 Sport
Old 08-07-2003, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I am also getting a new clutch put in next week.......I think the 944 has a bit of inherent "slop" due to the trans tube and shift linkage design....we'll see.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

No slop, I thought the same thing when I got my 944. I went through and adjusted everthing, tightened/locktite/safety wired all bolts, and replaced a worh shifter pin with a steel one and I have absolutley NO more play in the shifter!

I let my roomate drive the car for the first time the other night (he had never been in any Porsche, let alone a 944) and he commented that the "shifter is much tighter than my Audi"!! I just had to laugh...

When I got the car the shifter had just as much play in Neutral as in gear!! I got under the car and it turned out that the bolts were all backing out of the shift linkage!

I also cut the top off the shifter, and welded on a 10X1.50 bolt (same as Honda) to replace my shift knob. Now I can use any shift knob in the free world!

With a little time, patience and adjustment you too can have a play-free shifter!!

1985.5 944
Dodge Viper Blue on black/tan
white face gauges
throttle cam
short shift kit
Old 08-08-2003, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: