Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

engine oil light on with swapped guage cluster

just swapped out my guage cluster with another used one(my tach was not working for ever).
tach now works, cleaned bulbs and reflectors............but my lower left ENGINE OIL light is on along with the large ! warning light.
is this warning me of an inadequate oil level or is it a faulty engine oil pressure sending unit? Do you think the two warning lights are related? What to check.
Old 08-09-2003, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
The warning lights come on when grounded by the sensors. You could have a crossed connection somewhere.

Pull the wires on the oil pressure sender and see if the lights go out. Also check that the wires are on the correct connectors on the oil pressure sender. Think there is a dot of paint the same color as the wire for it on the sender.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 08-09-2003, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

will do.
Old 08-09-2003, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: