Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to pschaars951
car cleaning

I was just wondering how everyone goes about cleaning the interior. What do you guys use on the leather to clean and oil it?

-pete

Old 04-23-2001, 03:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Petie3rd

Send a message via Yahoo to Mrmerlin
Quote:
Originally posted by pschaars951:
I was just wondering how everyone goes about cleaning the interior. What do you guys use on the leather to clean and oil it?

-pete
Hi Pete, hey I just got some repair work done to fix a split seam on the seat surface of the drivers seat it was a lot of work to remove the leather cover to get it repaired.
Anyway after it was repaired the leather guy took some saddle soap and cleaned the leather then took some stuff called (Neatsfoot oil compound),make shure you get the stuff called compound! and wiped the seat let it sit like this for a few hrs in the sun is better then wipe it off, I have treated my seats 3 times now and all the hard spots are going away and are now feeling like new leather......so i know this stuff works......Stan

Old 04-23-2001, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Lexol is the stuff to use....First the cleaner...then the conditioner....Check with your local auto parts store...If they don't have it, you can mail order it...Vertex has it, but I found a better price locally....It makes your seats look new!....Cus
Old 04-23-2001, 09:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Wink

I use Lexol once a year and have been impressed. However, for routine maintenance I use Pledge. This is a little known secret used by many upholstry dealers. I use it about twice a month on the leatherette, dash, etc.
Old 04-24-2001, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Lightbulb

Old Rags?

Old 04-24-2001, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: