Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
Question twitch! twitch!

well ive been working with my over heating problem for a while. found the culprit tho. my radiator is clogged. so i took it to a radiator place to have it flushed but im still ganna have to buy a new one... anyways onto my question. while i was there i had them unhook the vdo temp guage that the PO had put inplace of the clock and hook the original guage back up. while i was there it seemed to be working fine until i left. 1) im running slightly past the 3rd mark (most of the time) 2) it seems that the guage twiches randomly.... like it has ADD or somthing. when it does this it jumps way high and back to where it was... then i turned on my radio (1200watts in hatch) and then it didnt twich anymore it jumped up and down like the juggies on the man show. could this be a ground issue? all the other lights/guages are fine when the bass hits, no dimming or anything. suggestions? thx

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:07 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

sounds like a ground
Old 08-12-2003, 02:28 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

It's a grounding problem. The meter movement is in series with the temperature sensor. The sensor has a negative temperature coefficient, which is a fancy way to say the resistance goes down when temperature goes up.

If the P.O. installed gage was using the same sensor, but different wires, then your problem is in the original wire harness.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:15 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Old 08-13-2003, 08:15 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: