Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to Macfreak007
Car that I am looking at in lexington...

Ok, you have to promise not to steal, lol but here it is, this is a car that is in lexington, ky that I am looking at: http://architecture.uky.edu/jamescblack/porsche/

Its an '84
85k miles (odometor works!)
New Clutch
New radiator
Previous owner was fanatic
looks clean
tan interior, although I haven't seen that
BBS Wheels (they will be replaced by fuchs)
asking $5250
Has been on the market for sometime so might get a good deal
any input on it would be great, althought that is gonna be kinda hard right now, but you guys are good at finding stuff so give it a shot!

Old 08-14-2003, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

hi mac. the search continues, eh? why has the car been on the market for sometime? anything you can see? btw, from the outside the car loks pretty good!
Old 08-14-2003, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Hey-

Does he have receipts to back the repairs listed, and of course when was the timing belt done last?

If its been repainted be sure its done well so the paint doesn't look like hell in a year.

Make sure he has receipts, and you know about the PPI requirements. I'd certainly go check it out seeing as how there are no red flags yet, just be cautious. And you should get that priced lowered.

Nice that its an 84 though. You can pillage from your old ride for all the good parts.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

ok, just talked to owner somemore, he has tons of records, gonna find out about the timing belt tonight. I also found out that the interior is just like my '85's which is perfect btw, and it is the same except it has cloth seats instead of leather. So I can swap out anything from there. I mean if he has the records to back it all up it will be awesome, hoping to either go see it myself or have nabeel do it for me. oh and it is not a repaint as far as I know, it is the original paint. This maybe the car I have been looking for, not getting too excited yet though until i see those records.
Old 08-14-2003, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Hopefully the interior looks as nice as the exterior. Price seems a little high for an early model with that mileage - hopefully you can get that down some if the seller is motivated. I agree with your choice to replace the wheels. I personally don't like the looks of those BBS wheels, especially with a Guards color car. Are you specifically looking at an early model (i.e.: For the lower weight) as opposed to an '85.5 or later model?

Tom
Old 08-14-2003, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

FINALLY....thx for helping me find one...i've been looking for one a long time......j/k.....
Old 08-14-2003, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

haha, no fair, jk, Yeah I like the early models because my '85 was an early one and the interior would be swappable, If I were gonna get a later car it would have to be an 85.5 or an 86 so the brakes/fuchs would fit.
Old 08-14-2003, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

good to hear that he has records for it....good luck....
Old 08-14-2003, 12:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Macfreak007
If I were gonna get a later car it would have to be an 85.5 or an 86 so the brakes/fuchs would fit.
My 85.5 Guards/Tan w/54k miles is still available.

Tom
Old 08-14-2003, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I know, its a beauty, only problem is its a little outta my price range and its on the west coast, pretty far for me to come, although I don't doubt it is a perfect car!
Old 08-14-2003, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Macfreak007
I know, its a beauty, only problem is its a little outta my price range and its on the west coast, pretty far for me to come, although I don't doubt it is a perfect car!
I was thinking about that, along with my need for a road trip. Maybe if we met up in Kansas or something...

Tom
Old 08-14-2003, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

If you want a project car (needs paint), I know of one in N. Arkansas. It's and '84 944 charcoal grey with black leather. new belts and rollers, rebuilt cylinder head, oil cooler seals, motor mount, oil/air separator seals, new tires, hood and hatch shocks, new balljoints, etc. runs great, clutch has been replaced, porsche script door handles, $2,800 firm.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
Hey mac, just sent you an email. I also emailed the seller asking when he's free for me to go look at the car. I'll report the findings to ya. I think I know this car. I talked to a gentlemen selling a car just like it about 2 years ago when I was buying my 944. That car was also erd/tan with gold BBS rims. I bet its the same one. I've also seen the car on campus a few times. Oh, and check your PM
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 08-14-2003, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearldrum
Very nice dude. That car looks good. That add in the paper said it was in good condition, looks like it was accurate.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Still sounds a bit high, try to get into the $4k range.

Old 08-15-2003, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: