Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Post Remember TEDDY SMITH from Louisiana???

Remember this guy Teddy Smith? He sold 951 parts last summer- he collected somewhere around $3,000 from people and never sent out the parts? I think I ran into him. I won an ebay auction for a 944 horn. Seller name was Lobblover and when I got his email it said his name was Teddy Smith. I thought he was kicked off ebay!! Look at this Pelican parts post from back then and tell me what you think: http://www.pelicanparts.com/ultimate/Forum5/HTML/000704.html

I'm trying to decide if I should send payment or not.

Old 04-09-2001, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Location: Saint Louis, Missouri, United States of America, Earth
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Allldi
Exclamation

I remember that post. I remember that it was posted at the excite! site too. From what I've read, I warn everyone: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM TEDDY SMITH!

------------------
Ryan
1991 944S2 coupe
Old 04-09-2001, 08:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Rollins Send a message via AIM to Rollins
I wouldn't send payment. Not worth the potential risks.
Old 04-09-2001, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
He has some other items on their too....I saw that id on some auctions tonite!...Thanks for the heads up...I WILL beware....Cus
Old 04-09-2001, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I mean "there"...there, sorry....
Old 04-09-2001, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Don't even bring up that SOB. I heard from Lt. Luttrell that he arrested him but, must of not held him for long. I contacted Teddy after I got my money back from paypal and he said he was still planning to ship me the part for free. But as usual he dissapeared before the part shipped. But if any one needs to get a hold of him then here is his cell phone 225-603-0845. This is if he has it connected.
Old 04-10-2001, 04:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Not to beat a dead-horse but never EVER deal with Mike Atwood from Decatur, Illinois either. Bad news. His e-mail address is porsche924blk@aol.com Total thief.

------------------
Dan, '78 Pearl white 924
Old 04-10-2001, 05:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
I don't plan on sending payment now. Anyone know how I can protect my ebay feedback rating after backing out of this deal?
Old 04-10-2001, 06:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
I am very well versed on eBay policy. Once you win an auction, you are legally bound to that auction. Likewise, the seller is also legally bound to that auction. There is a slight chance that this guy has made a turn around and now wants to be straight with people. Then again.... My advise to you would be to pay for the auction via an escrow service. This means the escrow service will hold your payment until you are satisfied with the product. The escrow service will then release the money to the seller. If you don't pay, then a NPB (Non Paying Bidder) alert will be filed against you and the seller will leave negative feedback. Three NPB's and you will be suspended from eBay. Just go ahead and complete the transaction and hope for the best.
Old 04-10-2001, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Ebay also has a program for people who get unjust feedback. I don't know how justifiable your predicament is. Maybe try stalling for a few days and see what happens. Perhaps some people he has screwed will file appropraite feedback and you'll know where to go from there. Otherwise the Escrow idea is your best course of action IMO.
Old 04-10-2001, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Well I sent Teddy an email stating that I remeber him and his ways. Here is his response:
"I have been given another chance and am trying to start over again. Send me your shipping address and I will send the horn to you. Once you receive it you can decide if it was a positive transaction and if you
would like to pay for it.

Teddy

Sounds ok doesn't it?
Old 04-10-2001, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Yeah that sounds something like the message I got right before he stopped replying to my messages. It went something like this. I will ship it on Monday free of charge. I haven't heard back since. He won't reply either. Just don't get your hopes up.
Thom
Old 04-10-2001, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Just for grinns I sent teddy an email to see if he is still planning to ship me the part from a month ago. I will tell you how it goes.
Thom
Old 04-10-2001, 09:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Well, get his mailing address, and if any of our members here are in that area, lets go
kick his door down and talk some sense into him. Or just burn down his house with him screaming inside of it.
Old 04-10-2001, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Red face

Now that is a little harse don't you think. I am all for doing something mean to him like sneaking into his house at night and cutting all of the tags off his matresses and then calling the police. Or turning on one of his outside faucets and running up his water bill. Or even getting real nasty and letting some air out of his tires so his tires wear unevenly and he has to buy new ones sooner. Or beat his ass in his front yard and take all of the parts he owes us.
Old 04-11-2001, 05:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Oh brother - my father won an auction on a 951 head from this guy on April 7th (I think), Teddy recieved payment on the 9th, and so far no parts delivered, and no response from ol' Teddy...
Should we be concerned yet? (getting Nervous!)
Old 04-20-2001, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

I am sorry. Did you use paypal? If not I am really sorry. From my previous post he never returned my email.
Thom
Old 04-20-2001, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Yeah, it was Paypal, but it was over the $200.00 you can get back...
Old 04-20-2001, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Wouldn't your visa or whatever refund it?
Old 04-20-2001, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

I am agian sorry to hear about it. In the event that you do get screwed please take the time to call or write cluttrell@ci.baton-rouge.la.us, or by phone (225)389-8362. This is the LT. at the Baton Rouge PD that was handling the original cases.
Thom
His name is Curtis Luttrell....

Old 04-20-2001, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: