Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Question Is it true?

I heard a while back from a friend of a friend that Porsche were considering a low cost coupe for the similar purpose of the 924 (entry-level porsche) built on the current model VW Golf chassis. Whats the say on your side of the pacific?

Old 05-21-2001, 12:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I recall hearing about someting called the Bugster. A cross venture between VW and Porche.
Old 05-21-2001, 04:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up

right now these are rumours. there is a new 914 version planned that would use the VW/Audi 1.8t motor.

my GOD, if they built that, i'd be there in a second. i've seen, firsthand, 400Hp Audi 1.8t motors. i have pictures too

don't expect to see any of these cars for at least 3 or 4 years though.

obin
Old 05-21-2001, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
Whereas Porsche is considering a fourth model line, they have already said that it will NOT be lower than the Boxster range in cost (that rules out the 1.8 built on the Golf platform) and it will not be a saloon; this is the report in issue 85 of 911 & PORSCHE WORLD. There was heresay a little while back about a new Porsche being built on the VW new Beetle/Audi TT platform, and ROAD & TRACK did a concept sketch not too long ago. The most likely possibility would be a new Porsche with an existing engine, being built on the TT frame, and being priced between the Boxster and Carrera.
Old 05-21-2001, 01:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
if you're looking for affordable, solid german engineering in a new car, i've read that the bmw 2002 coupe is coming out for model year 2002, of course. heard also the base price would be under $20k. anyone else heard this?

Old 05-21-2001, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: