Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Post wheels offset - what is it?

Does anyone know what the offset for my 1984 944n/a is. I am going to get wheels but am getting conflicting offset numbers from the suppliers.

if anyone know for sure please let me know.

later

Old 05-20-2001, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

This should help...The offset is 23.3 known as the "early offset"...Here is a website with Wheel and Tire Size and Offset Information...is about 1/2 way down the page...What style of wheels you looking at...

http://www.connactivity.com/~kgross/944faq13.html
Old 05-20-2001, 04:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
that page just gave me another offset. The wheel shop is giving me 49mmfront and 52mm rear? What is it? The wheels I am trying to get are called KAHN RSR, they look great and am looking foreward t ogetting them if things work out.

Old 05-20-2001, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
unlike honda or dsm cars, porsche has comparatively few wheels from which to choose. the 23mm offset is right. it sounds like those wheels you mentioned might have fit a "late" offset porsche, circa 1987, but they won't fit your '84. if they can clear the calipers by using spacers, that might be your only shot. and that's if you want to pay for spacers & maybe absorb the headaches they may cause in wheel balance.

and remember, whatever you do, you'll have to paint your wheels black. :-)

Old 05-20-2001, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Kahn RSR, those are nice wheels, but pricey for my current budget. You will need spacers to use them, which most Porsche vendors will sell. H&R make great spacers for the 944 as well.
Old 05-20-2001, 11:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

When I bought my car I was new to the porsche thing as far as knowledge goes and the dealer told me it had factory Fuchs on the car. Well the other day I noticed that the front has spacers on it and the rear does not. Does this sound like some one put the 911 offset wheels on the car?

Old 05-22-2001, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: