Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Little things that made me love my car again.

Just thought I'd share what little things I did recently to make my car infinitely more enjoyable.

When I got my car it was ok, but now it runs very smoothly and mostly rattle free, apart from the drivetrain issue I posted about earlier and few other minor issues.

Removed nut + bolt from middle of the bottom of the radiator whose sole purpose was to rattle.($0)

Replaced 02 sensor and upgraded to a 3-wire (pretty easy as all wiring was there) helped pass emissions. ($40 ford one from autozone)

Replaced AFM - biggest difference as old one was wearing out and had been f***ed about with a lot, new one has not been altered. - helped pass emissions. ($20 from wrecked 56k miler via ebay)

General Tune up - plugs(bosh-4 $4ish each), distributor cap and rotor (cheapo wells from autozone $50) - also an amazing difference.

Adjusted Throttle cable and found the throttle stop bolt that had fallen out and was lying in the gunk. ($0) Another big difference...

I'm planning replacement seat covers, FR Wilks Chip is on the way (I hope :-)), have to fix the clunking from the inside of the doors when I corner, replace the rear curtain, replace that warped rear disk, new exhaust... etc...

What small things have you done/ are planning to improve how you feel about your car?

"Don't listen to me, I dont know what i'm talking about"
Old 09-10-2003, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I'm going to jack up my radiator cap and put a 951 under it.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 09-10-2003, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Non Compos Mentis

I felt much better about my car after the roll cage and Hoosiers.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCal Driver
You'll have to write some instructions on that one...

Old 09-10-2003, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
dude, yer gonna love that chip If you have a sketchy idle, it will smooth right out
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

little extras

how about these.cost not a lot but looks and feels alot.1. L.E.D brake light fitted to top of hatch 2.L.E.D red bolt thrus on rear number plate wired to brakes 3.Max power red flat strip lights under dash each side .When door opens footwell lights red .Goes with mat colour.4 .Blue / white oval fogs fitted in front spoiler.(seperate switch with relay).4.Rage oval exhaust tip with blue L.E.D.light ring remote control 5.AStrali wooden wheel with brass rivets round.(better grip and i can now see temp guage) 6. Refaced clocks with red dial kit .7.use synthetic oil and add Roil Gold metal conditioner.Do web search to find details 8. Give engine a good 12000 mile petrol treatment(gas?) enuff said
Old 09-10-2003, 09:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

tomeiche....

Do you have any pictures of these mods?
If so, i'd love to see how it all comes together.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
I am afraid I am a purist and like to keep my car as it came out. Apart from services, belt changes and repairs on clutch slave cylinder, temp switch, speed/position sensors, new door handle, replacement fuel pump and relay and the inevitable tyres and exhaust, that is it. I was lucky though,previous owner had motor completely overhauled by agents at 106K km after an oil pipe came off, and the car has 140k on now. Only thing I may like to do is change the cookie cutter wheels or do them up.
Had a 44 Harley 10/12 which I reconditioned and it used to upset me when I saw an older classic model chopped or customised, and I feel the same about my 944. They don't make them any more so cannot be replaced.Different strokes for different blokes, but the people in my Classic bike club,MG clubs,vintage and veteran car clubs etc are similar minded.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Everybody say "Uncle Ben's"....
( )'92 Renault Clio 1.4 :

Old 09-11-2003, 04:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

hi IdI will take pics this week. then will take scanner out of box its been in for year and will ask 12 year old son what to do.should be good.
944 guards red 82- slotted rear turbo spoiler- new dash cover- red dials - k@n dropin filter- throttle cam upgrade- astrali wood steering wheel {can now see temp guage}-(www.astrali.co.uk)blue/white fogs {RING}-reversing sensors-alpine cd-roil gold engine protection
Old 09-11-2003, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCal Driver
best conversion you can make hands-down. and guess what? it works on any car!!
Old 09-11-2003, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by flangermog
Everybody say "Uncle Ben's"....
Funny :-)

Old 09-11-2003, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Biggest inexpensive change has been replacing the little rubber bits that fail with age.
Master cylinder reservior grommets - $5 now no leaks
Door handle and Mirror seals - $10 now no black "drip" marks between washings.
Hood badge rubber mount - $6 plus "testors" painted the badge...Nice
Rubberized sealant around bottom of windscreen - $5 now no air sound in cabin
Made all interior lights work - $15 bulbs etc..clean terminals..pain in the ass
R&R rusted license plate bolts front and back - $2
Misc. engine plugs r&r made of plastic or rubber - $30

Sometimes its the little things that mean alot.

BTW- if one more plastic piece in the engine compartment falls apart in my hands, (making me drop my wrench and knock over my beer) I am going to rip out my whole dme harness! Time and heat love plastic and rubber.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by tomeiche
hi IdI will take pics this week. then will take scanner out of box its been in for year and will ask 12 year old son what to do.should be good.
Hahaha, all right. No rush, no rush. And im sure it wont be much trouble to scan them, but if it turns out to be taking more time then's needed... Just forget about it. No stress.

Ok all, Stay safe.
Bye.

Old 09-12-2003, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: