Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
2200 lbs - Is it possible?

If I read the SCCA rules for F prepared correctly, a 944 na can run at 2200 lbs. I weighed my car the other day, and it came in at 2840 lbs. Is it possible to get 640 lbs out of the car? I hope to be able to still drive to events (no trailer). Don't know if I can get that much weight out, but it sounds like fun. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 09-10-2003, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
2200 lbs.............. good luck.

It may be close. I think I have seen about 2400 hundred for some of the racers..... but those had roll cages and other safety gear in them.
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 09-10-2003, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
Carbon fiber body pieces, or fiberglass, expensive but saves a lot o weight

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
even with fiberglass panels (carbon fiber, you need to be bill gate's son for that), think you'll have to gut the car out to even be close to 2200.

will fiberglass, lexan windows, no dash, carpet, insulation, one racing seat even do it? dunno.

Last edited by Blackfoot; 09-11-2003 at 12:02 AM..
Old 09-10-2003, 11:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
dont forget no paint! paint weighs a lot!

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Yes, it is possible. Change out the seats, strip out the interior, remove undercoating and interior insulation, change rear torsion carrier to an aluminum unit like Koklen, aluminum torque tube, cf fenders and doors, lexan hatch, lighter wheels (Fiske or similar), lexan for window glass, remove window regulators, ditch a/c and p/s.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave951M
Yes, it is possible. Change out the seats, strip out the interior, remove undercoating and interior insulation, change rear torsion carrier to an aluminum unit like Koklen, aluminum torque tube, cf fenders and doors, lexan hatch, lighter wheels (Fiske or similar), lexan for window glass, remove window regulators, ditch a/c and p/s.
That would be a beast to drive to the track.

81 924 N/A

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: