Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Post Got the 951 itch!!!!!!!!!

well i've only had my 1985.5na for about half a year now, and I am gettin that itch for more power. I of all people wouldnt have guested it. I usually go for appearence rather than performance. Since i have been on this forum(about a year) I haev learned ssoosssso much from everyone here! I went from knowingnothing to being able to tell my mechanic things he didnt know about my car! Anyways I posted last week that i was looking for a 944 for my little brother(well he's 20). guys i searched from NY to Baltimore...finding basically crap! Its seems no one takes care of there cars. We purchased him a mazda RX-7 twin turbo +2. that sucker is FAST. Now he is beating me easily, and I'm pist. I know that a good 951 will cure my itch and keep the younger brother in check.. My 85.5 is in almost mint condition with only 63,000miles. should I think of selling it and buying a 951. I put so much time and money into the na and i love it, but..... help me

Old 05-21-2001, 10:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Rollins Send a message via AIM to Rollins
Well as I see it your options are as follows
Sell the na and get a turbo
wait a while and have both
or (and I like this one best)
sell me your na real cheap
but seriously, a turbo is a much different car. I have been behind the wheel of a few na's and a few turbos and the turbo is definietly the way to go in my opinion. Oh, and as far as looks go; the turbo is a lot better looking.
Old 05-21-2001, 11:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Cool

Scratch the itch man !!

------------------
NickB
'89 951
Old 05-22-2001, 04:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to porscheboi928s/c944t/n
no offense...but get a TT supra if you can afford.......again no offense meant..i am a porsche guy too and loved it...but that's the reality......and keep the N/A...
Old 05-22-2001, 06:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Donnie don't make me drive up there and smack you !! KEEP THE DAMN CAR,think about this,cheaper repair bills,cheaper insurance,less tickets,and you know the car inside and out.You know every sound it makes it's like your baby. Don't abandon your BABY !!!

------------------
Drive it like you stole it........Justin
Old 05-22-2001, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
I am also super-envious of 951 owners right now... especially after reading that Saleen Mustang post.
Old 05-22-2001, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

If anyone knows of a 951 within 3 hours of NYC let me know, I cant find one in good shape either.

------------------
Old 05-22-2001, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Bay Area Patriot

Anyone knows of one between San Diego and Los Angeles thats under 110,000 miles let me know too! I want one I want one!

------------------
Porsche. Es gibt keinen Ersatz.
Old 05-22-2001, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

twin turbo supra? give me a break! i would love one of those 4,000lb tanks to get on the track with me! they may be fast in a straight line but an old raggety ass camaro will do that. you would have to drop alot of bucks in a supra to beat ME in a straight line too.
Old 05-22-2001, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Talking

It isnt a supra, its a RX-7, alot smaller and lighter. It is only like 200 horses though. the 951 will take it with its 247 i think. The 944 wont take it sraight up, on corners its different though

Old 05-22-2001, 09:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: