Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Bay Area Patriot

Post GHL exhaust for 944 N/As!?!??!?!?!?

I was looking in the Pelican Parts catalog under GHL exhausts just for the hell of it and I found one for a 944 N/A???? is this a misprint or am i gonna have to charge this muffler and put it on next day air??????

------------------
Porsche. Es gibt keinen Ersatz.

Old 05-21-2001, 10:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
Now, is that ALL NAs, or just 85.5 and newer cars? Is 30hp really a realistic estimate? 180hp would be really nice in my 944...
Old 05-22-2001, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to hoff944
Porsche Crest

If 30hp was that easy to gain from the exhaust, I think Porsche would have comprimised whatever at the factory.
Old 05-22-2001, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Bay Area Patriot

I believe the factory did compromise that only for the Eurocars though. Our US counterparts are well restricted. I tried my airbox when i smogged my car about a week ago again, then took it out for a test...came back home and put my cone filter back on, and actually noticed a difference in high rpms (not just sound). I believe the throttle body and DME are the restrictions...I have spoken to autothority and I will be sending them my DME soon to get their conversion board and chip for it. I'll keep ya'll updated.

------------------
Old 05-22-2001, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

think about this. the eurocars have higher compression pistons. 10.6:1 to be exact. they also have no cat and a different cam. they still utilize the same airbox. all this gains only 20 hp.
Old 05-22-2001, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
i think the 30 hp claim is for the 951, not the n/a. it better be. you can get those types of large gains only if you are able to flow lots more air, as in a turbo or supercharger. getting big power cheaply or simply from a non-forced induction is akin to cold fusion. just doesn't exist.

check out this article on 968.net about an owner who tries to get some extra hp from his 968!

http://www.968.net/modifications/bruces_dynos.htm

Old 05-22-2001, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Bay Area Patriot

so in order for us to gain more, we're gonna need to tear that motor apart....hmmmm this could be interesting, i got 2.8 pistons for a 944 sitting in my garage from EBS Racing and an autocross camshaft at my uncle's and a motor just sittin there too collecting dust...hmmm....i see a summer project =)

------------------
Old 05-22-2001, 09:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to hoff944
What the heck is an "autocross camshaft"? Never heard of or seen one.
Old 05-22-2001, 10:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to pschaars951
eurospec, where did you get an extra motor!! I want one, turbo preferably.

-pete

Old 05-23-2001, 01:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: