Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post M474 sport suspension on 87 951

Hi guys i have a 87 951 with the m474 sport suspension option, it has yellow konis front and rear..the rears are adjsutable if you take them off, push down the piston and turn them, everyone knows that, the fronts though, i have the little knob from koni that goes on top of the strut but it doesn't fit, so my question is, how do you adjsut the fronts, must you take them off like the rears to adjsut themm or do i maybe have the wrong knob, when i take the dust cover off that reveals the top of the shock all there is is a big nut where a large allen wrench would fit in it, i can get the part numbers off of them if it helps, or post a pic of the top of the strut and the knob so maybe someone can tell me if it's the right knob..also is this the same setup as the turbo s with the m030 option?...thanks jeff

Old 05-21-2001, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

m474 was standard equipment on the Turbo. The m474 front Konis are not externally adjustable. Even though they are supposed to be adjustable, it would be way to much trouble to actually adjust them, so it's probably best to leave them at the factory setting. And no, the m030 struts are different. They are the ones that are externally adjustable using the little knob. They also have a threaded body to adjust the ride height.
Old 05-21-2001, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Question

I have an '89 951 with, obviously, the M030 suspension.
How does one adjust this ?
I only use it on the road really - are adjustments only likely to be useful for track time or are there other reasons to fiddle with it?
Sorry if this seems a dumb question.

------------------
NickB
'89 951

Old 05-23-2001, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: