Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Post performance ignition and starting

Several posts back, there was the discussion on aftermarket ignition. I've got one in my car that replaces the coil. When I first got it in, the car felt smoother and picked up quicker than before. I also noticed that when starting the motor, most times it would fire up immediately compared to how it used to turn over a few times. Have any of you noticed this?

Old 05-23-2001, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I have gotten on the band wagon. Yesterday I ordered a Jacobs ignition consisting of a cpu, wires, and a coil. We shall see. It is supposed to refire the plugs if it senses fuel is not burned within 20 degrees of crank rotation. It should arrive in a day or so. Thing is expensive so I am expecting improvement.

I am big on acceleration tests in one gear at full boost which makes it idiot proof. I'll install the thing and test, mindful of ambient temperatures. Will post results here.

Old 05-23-2001, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: