Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question 951 Engine fire

My '86 951 had a small engine fire. The fuel line from the pump to the fuel rail seems to have failed and sprayed fuel across the top and towards the rear of the engine. I have been able to source most of the parts that perished in the flames except for the wiring harness. It comes from the firewall near the passenger side, across the top rear of the engine and then forward ending at the airflow sensor. Does anyone know if there is anybody that make a harness that can be spliced in as a repair or where I can get the proper conectors for all of the components that are fed by the harness?

Thanks, Threesticks

Old 05-23-2001, 08:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Try turbo tim - he may be able to help. I know he sells a firebraid harness for the injectors. Oh..and get his stainless fuel lines and stop worrying about fires in the future! Good luck,

Erick
Old 05-23-2001, 10:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to porscheboi928s/c944t/n
for all the troubles that you are gonna go through...i suggest you just get an engine managemnat system e.i. tec-2,haltech,motec etc.etc...it would be better in your case plus you won't be needing the chip and also eliminate the afm.....and if you want it tuned(e.i..extra upgrade) all you need will be a laptop......but if you really want to use the factory setup...try this...

partwerks(chicago)...1.800.366.9147(jay)..i have no ties with them.....its just that i ask them too for an original 928 harness and they can produce it for me...

just my honest opinion.....

Old 05-24-2001, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: