Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

why don't we have a meet?

My friend bob went to civic si meet last week, and I would have gone had my dad not died. It was held in southern Ohio and from the picks Iv'e seen, and the stories Iv'e heard it was a lot of fun. There were guys who owned civics but decided to bring thier weekend cars (there was a guy who brought his Ferrari), they did fly by's and went mullet searching(must be a civic thing). So my question is if there is anyone in or around Ohio who would like to organize a meet?

Old 05-23-2001, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
sorry to hear bout your dad, im sure its tough im in new jersey and have yet to meet someone who owns a 944. since i had mine ive only seen 4 944 3 928 and a ton of boxters and 911's. does anyone on this board live in the new jersey/newyork area?
Old 05-23-2001, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Sorry about your father...

Anyway, I live in Irvine, CA.

Maybe some so-cal guys could meet up for a local autocross sometime(probably rialto or san diego).

Erick
Old 05-23-2001, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stray15
I'm from PA, and willing to take a nice long drive. Even if my '4 isn't the best specimen I'll show 'er off.

------------------
Porsche, Through and through
Tim
'83 944

http://community.webshots.com/user/strayer15
Old 05-23-2001, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Smile

Thanks for caring about situation guys, my teachers don't really seem to even give a s#$t... Oh Well that's another story, but I'm glad you guys care .
As for asidrave, I'm going to visit my cousins this summer in New Jersey. I have no clue what the city is called, but I remember that it's an hour from New York so I'd like to get in touch and finally meet someone on this board. If there is anyone who wants to organize a meet mail me at carve111@yahoo.com
Old 05-23-2001, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

hey guys, I'm being booted off this computer at the library, but if anyone has any idea's please mail me
Old 05-23-2001, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Talking

I live in Medina and work on Harvard in Cleveland at Alcoa. As far as meeting, sure, why not. I am always busy and have 2 kids, so it might take some doing.
Old 05-23-2001, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
stray, dont feel bad mine 944 isnt a beauty queen either. if you do wanna take a nice long drive to jersey let me know wannbe, keep in touch.

[This message has been edited by asidrave (edited 05-23-2001).]
Old 05-23-2001, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stray15
Wannabe, how about this, you cruise over to asidrave's and on the way there, you can stop at my place and we can both go the rest of the way and meet asidrave and chill for part of the day. How does that sound.

------------------
Porsche, Through and through
Tim
'83 944

http://community.webshots.com/user/strayer15
Old 05-23-2001, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I live in Columbus, Ohio. In a few weeks there is going to be some good races and a car show up at Mid-Ohio. I usualy go every year and plan on going this year. Its a great place to go and for $10 extra, you can drive you car around the race course. Let me know if your gona show up! Here is the Mid Ohio address___http://www.midohio.com/
Old 05-23-2001, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Bay Area Patriot

San Diego California here with Mideast. We terrorize the streets around here with the other liquid cooled friends =)

My condolences to you wannaberacer...the lord has no sense when it comes to choosing who dies these days....its sad that the good ones always go....i am sorry...

------------------
Porsche. Es gibt keinen Ersatz.
Old 05-23-2001, 10:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I'm Jersey, Princeton area. Wanna, Stray, Asidr, let me know if you'll be in the neighborhood.
Old 05-24-2001, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
I have yet to go to an autocross or a Porsche event or meet, despite being obsessed with Porsches since I was like 10. I never had anyone to go with. I wish some of my friends would get 944s (actually a few are toying with the idea). ANyone know of any meets in New England besides the event at Lime Rock in July?
Old 05-24-2001, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Scott, I'm less than an hour from Princeton in Central Jersey, and I would definitely be up for a rally any time.

Is there anyone on the board who is a member of the NNJR region of PCA? I would like to join but just haven't gotten to it yet...

- Leigh

------------------
Everybody in the world is bent.
Old 05-24-2001, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry about your father wannabe, I live in Fort Worth TX if anybody wants to meet let me know.

------------------
Drive it like you stole it........Justin
Old 05-24-2001, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Light,Nimble,Uncivilized

Garage
Seattle, Washington. Anybody?

------------------
1986 944 NA
Old 05-24-2001, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Hey Guy's ie. STRAY15, Wannaberacer,Leigh 13, Asid Rave, .. I live in PA too not to far from new jersey. I would come in a second to meet you guys and chill. we can cause some havoc!!!! Why dont we all decide on a chat room to talk, or IM me my name is
djpotential.
Old 05-24-2001, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
I live just south of Baltimore, in MD. Jersey isn't that much of a haul, and besides, I have a friend who just moved up to the jersey shore north of atlantic city who I planned to visit a few times this summer (he is going to be a trash man). My 951 should be out of the shop in about 3 weeks (read my new, incredibly long post about the damage that I am about to make). I will be up there more than once this summer...let me know a date (most people work during the week, so I think a weekend would be good) and a place, and I will plan an excursion up there the same time.

------------------
ribs, 86' 951
Old 05-24-2001, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Talking

Hey ribs, i was just in Baltimore last week to look for a 944 for my bro. It was such a piece of ****. I should of asked you to go and check it out ,would have saved me a 2 hr trip! oh well
Old 05-24-2001, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Ithaca, NY ... you're all welcome to stop by anytime.

obin

Old 05-24-2001, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: