Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Power Steering Rack Replacement???

My 86' 944 power steering rack leaks like a seive. I have been checking around on the cost of replacing or having it rebuilt and was a little shell shocked. At this moment in time my friend is replacing a rack in a chrysler car and the rack looks pretty close to what is in my car. Are there any racks that are interchangeable or that could be modified to fit? Has anybody ever had a rack rebuilt and how much? Can you buy a rebuild kit to rebuild the rack? Help!!!

Old 05-25-2001, 09:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I had to replace mine last year. I bought a refurbished one from Advance Auto for two hundred and something (I think). Can't remember. It has worked fine and is warrented for as long as you own the car.
Old 05-25-2001, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Hey Lawrence, Do you know the website address? I found one for $300 something. For $200 something that a great deal!

------------------
PORSCHE There is no Substitute!

[This message has been edited by 88_944 (edited 05-25-2001).]
Old 05-25-2001, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

It could have been 3 hundred something, I can't recall. Try www.advanceauto.com. I did, you can email to them from that site. The local place was the least expensive even including mail order places and even with our horrendous sales ta, and given their warrenty, I did it.

I did buy a rebuilt rear brake caliper. It began leaking in 9 months. But they gladly replaced it with no charge.

Old 05-25-2001, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: