Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Red face 944-2 AC still

I'm still having a problem with my 86 944 AC.

Does anybody have a staic pressure for the system, and does anybody know if they put a high-side test fitting on these???? The manual gives high and low-side pressures, but I am trying to get an idea of system charge to start with.

It seems my pressure is a bit low, but I don't trust the low-side gauge I had on there.

Thanks

Old 05-25-2001, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Try www.aircondition.com They've got tables with pressure by refrigerant type vs. temperature. If your pressures are significantly higher than the table pressures, you've either got a "soup" of mixed refrigerants or contaminated with air.
Old 05-28-2001, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
High side test point is on top of the motor past the strut tower, if you have an R12 guage set it's the only place that it fits is on that fitting. Fully charged mine reads around 70 psi if I remember correctly. The low point is on top of the compressor. To hook it up you need to unbolt the compressor, attach the test hose and bolt it back up. Turn your A/C on and measure your high and low after a minuet or so. This is from memory but I think mine read about 30 psi short of the high side.
Old 05-28-2001, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Oh, yea and like the last post stated most pressure irregularties occur from too little freon and too much air. If thats the case vac the system down for an hour and -28psi vac. Then fill with 2 and 1/2 cans R12 and one can of quick shot oil, and one can of dye maker.

Old 05-28-2001, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: