Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Talking The first 944, Where is it?

I was just wondering, does the first 944 or 951 still exist( racer or commercial) or where are they now?

Old 05-28-2001, 11:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Cool

if i'm not mistaken, it's in the Porsche museum.

obin
Old 05-29-2001, 05:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Talking

yes, but where would be , say the first couple that were actually sold to the public?
Old 05-29-2001, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
Wink

In Germany.

------------------
It's all the driver...
My page
Porsche owners Gallery.../My 944
Old 05-29-2001, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
newb.

Yo Erbas - just checked out your page. You've got a typo in there! Increased offset (positive offset) doesn't increase track width... Track width is the distance between the centerline of the wheels (or tire). Offset is a measure of the distance of the mounting plane (where the wheel meets the hub) from the centerline of the wheel. Increased offset (positive) is further from the centerline toward the side of the car. Decreased offset (negative) is measured toward the center of the car. Increasing your wheel offset (if you do not compensate for that by adding spacers) will move the centerline of your wheels/tires INWARD, decreasing track...
I am assuming you added spacers, and may have increased the track with those... although the centerline of the wheels still determines the track width. For instance, you can go from 6" wide wheels to 9" wide wheels and not necessarily increase track. Also, you can go from a 6" wide wheel with zero offset to a 6" wide wheel with 10mm positive offset and DECREASE your total track width by 20mm...
Make sense?
On the other hand, good job w/ the page. I am trying to learn how to put one up myself...
(I'm ignorant.)
Old 05-29-2001, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
red, I've increased the track (the distance between the center of the tire contact patches) using both increased negativeoffset on the wheels, and spacers.

That site was put together in 3 hours, for my computer app. project, expect much better one soon. Also, most the info there's from my older site, about everything mentioned is off the car, with the exception of brakes, and some custom work on the exaust that's not mentioned. Now the car supports factory sport suspension pieces.

PS: Next time, an e-mail will do for any errors on my personal web page
Ahmet

------------------
It's all the driver...
My page over1g@hotmail.com
Porsche owners Gallery.../My 944
Old 05-29-2001, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

newb.

Smile

sorry about that - couldn't find it (email address) on the website, so came back here (lazy and it's easy to hit the back button)

Besides, don't worry about it - that's what this BBS is for, right?

Old 05-29-2001, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: