Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Unhappy Advise please

Hi

Need some advise - my 924 / 82 starts of with around 6 bar on oil pressure - driving through heavy traffic it goes down to just over 2 bars, i know the pressure drops - but that much ? - also went onto the M/way and bottled at 135 mph - reason being - the temp went close to the red - fan is working ..... just dunno. - Also the car spits oil through the exhaust ......

Thanks

Frankydoom/London/UK

Old 05-30-2001, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hi

standing behind the exhaust the other day (car running) I was feeling splashes of Oil coming out from the exhaust - not dripping just ..... I cant fully explain..... anyway I bottled - was going for 140mph - and more but got worried that I overhead the Engine - so I bottled. Only got the Car last week and not sure what Oil is in there. No yhe pressure does not fluctuate with rpm. But is 2bar not a bit to low?

Thanks

Frankydoom/London/UK
Old 05-30-2001, 12:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks

Why did my Temp went high as the sky though..... got me worried a bit - BTW just a bit of light blue smoke coming from the exhaust - (on startup) for a few minutes ..... then it seems OK - sorry for asking all those questions - newbie.

Thanks to all in advance

Frankydoom/London/UK

[This message has been edited by FRANKYDOOM (edited 05-30-2001).]
Old 05-30-2001, 12:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Lightbulb

I bought my 84 944 two months ago and just got it on the road this past weekend. I put it up on jack stands and went through the thing from front to rear and checked it all out. The best advice that I can give is to change all the fluids as soon as is convienient for you. This includes the brake fluid and tranmission oil. I had to end up replacing the clutch master and slave cylinder, brake master cylinder, clutch, plugs, wires, repack front bearings, clutch, oil and filter and rebuilt the left rear caliper. The car was not driveable when I bought it for $1500, so I knew that it needed a little work. Runs good now and it only took about $1200 in parts. Body looks good.

Old 05-30-2001, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: