Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question 944-2 AC Pressures with R134A

Hi All,

Since it seems that I may have asked too much with my last post, I'll try a different approach.

Does anybody have a pressure reading from the test ports after an R134 retrofit?

My system is blowing only about 50 degrees on full cool, and the pressure lines coming out of the compressor seem too cool (I can hold my hand on them).

I know what the book specifies, but I have heard that systems with 134 tend to run much higher pressures.

The book specifies 0.5 to 2 bar and I am at about 1.5 bar on the low side.

Thanks

Patmac

Old 05-26-2001, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Never serviced a system with 134 so I can't comment on pressures. Fifty degrees is not bad. That is about what it is on my sedan which has a 134 factory system. What is outside temperature when it is 50 in registers? And is the car moving or stationary?
Old 05-27-2001, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Your at least 12oz low if not more. Mine cools to about 38deg on full charge. Also get a can of "MaxiCool" for 134A systems. It's an on the shelf additive for 134A retrofit systems to help cool it.
Old 05-27-2001, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the advice on the Maxi-Cool. I'll see what I can find locally.

In your response to my other post, I get very confused... What kind of car are you looking at for the connections? My 944-2 certainly doesn't have what you are talking about.

Thanks

Pat
Old 05-29-2001, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I am looking at my 85.5 944. The 16V engine might be different, I'll have to see if the service manual says anything about it. Don't you have a port right in front of the dryer on the high line, then another larger port closer to the fire wall on the larger tube that runs parallel to the smaller tube?
Old 05-29-2001, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Nope, I just have one low-pressure port in the left strut tower, that's all. At least all that I can find.

My 924Ss have the plumbing you are referring to, fwiw.

Thanks

Old 05-30-2001, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: