Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post hey whats up from germany

man i just had to tell u fellas how super my vaction is over here! So far been to ireland swizterland paris and austria. i just got into munich today and its tremendous! I hit the porsche museum in gmünd austria this mornin and man it was spectacular to say the least. Right now im in munich for the next few days and after that, stuttgart baby! Ill drink a beer for u guys. Anyways take easy, better yet take it any way u can get it!

Old 05-28-2001, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stray15
Thumbs up

Man, I'm so jealous of you!

------------------
Porsche, Through and through
Tim
'83 944

http://community.webshots.com/user/strayer15
Old 05-28-2001, 03:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Unhappy

the sad part is, i got a job offer to go to germany (Rammstien AFB) for a year. BTW, I am a Computer network installation foreman.
aaahhhh!!! i want to go, but not for a freekin' year!

------------------
84-9445m
50% car, 50% tires, 100% driver.
Old 05-28-2001, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Rollins Send a message via AIM to Rollins
How was Switzerland? Where did you go there? I REALLY wanna go there. Maybe move there some day...
-Tim
Old 05-28-2001, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
I'll be there in 2 weeks
Old 05-28-2001, 10:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
Thumbs up

Rollins, I was in Zurich for a little while about 1.5 years ago, out of all the places I've been to, it was the best by far.

However, people aren't used to taking showers as often as Americans, don't say I didn't warn you (I'm not kidding).

And porschepatron, you better be taking some pictures! Enjoy your trip.
Ahmet
Old 05-28-2001, 10:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Rollins Send a message via AIM to Rollins
You guys are lucky, I've never been off this continent. I've been the Canada, thats the only other country and then I have been about as far west as Missouri.I really want to go to Bern. I am part swiss, mostly German, so Porschepatron's trip visits a lot of my ancestors home lands. Cool. Have fun on the rest of your trip.
Old 05-28-2001, 11:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Wink

Hey Porschepatron,
You've picked the right places to visit. If your travels take you to Italy, stay north. I also highly recommend seeing the Adrtiatic coast of Croatia. Beautiful.

Rollins,
Last September my wife and I were in Grindelwald. Absolutely beautiful. It's a winter ski resort but the summer has a lot of things to do. That's where they filmed the Clint Eastwood movie, "The Eiger Sanction." The day-hiking is amazing in the Alps. Great trails. I suggest working your way up to a small town called Gimmewald. No cars, just friendly people in a high Alpine-cliff town 1000 feet above the valley below. The gondola ride is breathtaking.
The nearest city is Interlaken, about 10 miles away. A small, yet "happening" city. Again, beautiful with great restaurants.
A word of warning, Switzerland is rather expensive. Not as bad as London, but it broke our budget for a few months.
Old 05-29-2001, 01:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Hey put down a couple of kristal wiesens for me... You lucky dog you. Was there three years with Uncle Sam myself.
Old 05-29-2001, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Thumbs up

make sure you take pictures! Especially in stuttgart if you go to the museum....Cause i want to see them

------------------
85.5 Porsche 944
Old 05-29-2001, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Thumbs up

Right on kcturbo...when I was in Speyer a few years back, our drink of choice was always a Eichbaum Hefe-Weizen with a wedge of lemon. Still haven't found a good Weizen in the USA that can match it!

Porschepatron, hope you have a stellar trip--you'll remember this for the rest of your life!

For the Americans on the board who have never been to Europe, it's definitely a journey you should make! There is nothing quite so awe-inspiring as gazing up at the face of a 2000 year-old cathedral...especially when anything a tenth that old in the States is considered "historical."

And then there is the thrill of the "no speed limit" sign. Wish I could have been driving something cooler than a Citroën turbo wagon, but 220km/h is pretty damn fast no matter what you're riding in.

Viel glück,

Leigh

------------------
Everybody in the world is bent.
Old 05-30-2001, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Try DeGroens weizen. Good stuff, and brewed in baltimore. I have only had 2 good hefe weizens ever...one was some local brew in tempe, AZ, and the other DeGroens. I don't know if they distribute it nationally or not...I know you can get it in PA though.

------------------
ribs, 86' 951
Old 05-30-2001, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Hi

Being from Germany myself (living in London now) I have to say - You will not feel the year you gonna stay there - to much to zeee and to much to dooo. Take the Job and you will not be disapointed.

Regards

Frankydoom/London/uk
Old 05-30-2001, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Hey EGSMachine,

Maybe the reason you don't want to go has something to do with your current status??? I'm a former network installer/admin/PC/phone guy that was laid off a year ago. If you give me an opportunity to go it wouldn't take much thought! :-)

North America is as far as my travels have taken me so far. :-(

Maybe some day.

pat(the only time I get over 100, there is a turn coming up right away)mac

Old 05-30-2001, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: