Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Talking Dropped my engine today

it took about 10 hours, solo, if i had the right tolls at the right time, i could have saved some. i had most of the tools. the only bolts that gave me hell were the Exhaust Manifold to Down Pipe Flanges that were rusted. i had to break out the Dremel. I hosed the Head to Manifold bolts in WD40. that went better than i had expected hearing the problems Dave951 had with his. I followed the haynes manual and it was spot on. of course, an hour after i was finished, my shop manuals arrived. isn't life grand? i got a head for 300 coming, looking for a cam, changing the clutch, 10.9:1 pistons wanted (maybe, might just change the rings and supercharge!). Real quick, you DO NOT have to drop the Gearbox to drop the engine; some was complaining about his shop saying that.
later,
e

------------------
84-9445m
50% car, 50% tires, 100% driver.

Old 05-31-2001, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

well, the easy part is done :-) j/k. the book calls for 20 hrs R/R. if you can get it back together in 10 you will be right on the money!

Old 05-31-2001, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: