Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post Stupid Bolts! Help guys!

Hey. I finished replacing the rotors and pads on both my rear brakes. I went to move on to the fronts last night and couldn't get the damn 19mm bolts that hold the caliper to budge! Got them out fine on the rears, but not the front. Any tips or tricks i can use to help these things budge? Any compounds that will loosen the crap that is holding them in?

Also, I heard that the reason for most power steering leaks is a faulty clamp on the hoses. You guys know the part number for the better clamp?

Thanks,

Nick

Old 06-01-2001, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Go to Sears or a tool store and get yourself a 1/2" "Breaker Bar." First hit the nuts with a hammer and a block of wood to break the glaze, then put the breaker bar on it. Brake bolts suffer tremendous heat and sometimes require extra effort to break.
Old 06-01-2001, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
use some penetrating oil as well, if that doest work heat up the bolts with a torch
Old 06-01-2001, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

All of the above, just be careful heating areas soaked in penetrating oil with a torch. As for the 1/2 breaker bar, don't get one less than 18" long, if you need more leverage, slip a length of pipe on the handle. Although, at that point, I think you'll either strip the bolt, break the bolt, break the socket, bust your knuckles or all of the above !

Good luck
Dave951M
Old 06-01-2001, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

the clamps are just worm clamps.get under the car and peel the boots back on the power steering rack. if fluid pours out your rack is bad via the seals.

Old 06-01-2001, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: