Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Question ac is spitting at me

Just yesterday my a/c vents have had water "moisture" coming out of them and the force from fan is spraying it all over me. What would cause this? Is it the evaporator?

Old 06-01-2001, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Are you sure it's just happening when the A/C is on? I drove a 944 with a bad seal around the blower motor compartment, this caused water to leak into the blower compartment and spit out the vents. But this is a weird problem. Let us know what it turns out to be.
Old 06-01-2001, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

check your condensate drain. I don't know how to best access this but I'm sure the manuals give some details. The evaporator coil under your dash will produce moisture when the ac is on and if its not draining properly it will puddle and the fan will spit it around.
Jon A.
Old 06-01-2001, 08:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I haven't had the chance to really look in to it, but when it started it had not rained in months (Florida) and today it did rain. For that reason I don't think it is a seal problem (maybe i'm wrong). About 5 months ago I did do an ac conversion.

Old 06-01-2001, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: