Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Angry Sunroof limit switch timing & vocab expansion

Has anyone had to take apart the gearbox that retracts the sunroof? The torque limiter on mine was set far to loose to allow taking the roof off. I took it off and tightened the limiter. Now I can take the roof off, but can't get it to go back on. It almost seems that the motor is now 180 out of time with the limit switches.

Dave951M

Old 06-01-2001, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Dave, Have you done a search on past posts? A while back it seems like like a lot of people had this same problem. Most of those members are gone now, so a search might give you the answer you need.

I've never had a problem with mine, so I can't help you. Good Luck with it.
Old 06-02-2001, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Just checked the past posts. There was an interesting tech article on a link that describes the system operation. I got the system timed right, but the double micro switch on the rear of the bar seem like there isn't enough adjustment for them. I'm at the full rear position and it seems like it needs about 1/8" more. With the switches unbolted, the arms will retract and raise. I manually operated the switches to simulate the roof acitvating them and they work ok. Again, the problem seems to be not enough adjustment to the rear of the car. I'm seriously contemplating drilling and tapping another mounting hole so I will have the extra adjustment.

Dave951M

Old 06-02-2001, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: