Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post 944 rear wiper installation: any tips?

I have an extra wiper from an 85.5 944, which I am going to install on my '87 that did not come with the rear wiper. I've looked in the hatch area, and see that the wiring goes into the left upper side panel (in the hatch area) through the grommet.

Where does this wire connect? Somewhere under the dash, or will I find that Porsche prewired all cars for this, and have a connection under that panel with the grommet? I know that when I removed the storage compartment thing under the stereo, I found that #2 wiring is the one for the rear wiper, which goes into the 2nd spot (starting from the left side) of the console switch plate/gear shift plate.

To those of you who've done this, was it
relatively easy to feed the wires through that aforementioned grommet?

And while I'm talking about switch numbers, I know that #1 is the sunroof, #3 is the side mirrors, but I found a plug for #4 - what is that one for? I know that it is *not* for the fader.

Thanks very much,
Dean
Old 05-28-2001, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Some has had to have done this - anyone?

Thanks, Dean
Old 06-02-2001, 10:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Petie3rd

Send a message via Yahoo to Mrmerlin
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dean Gurko:
Hi Dean I would bet that you will find the wire harness in the car already pre wired, for a rear wiper i am not shure where it is but a safe bet is that it will be somewhere close to where the wiper wires end.
as far as the #4 switch goes i think it is for power door locks .....hope this helps...Stan
Old 06-02-2001, 11:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Diving in 911

Garage
Did you ever resolve this? I am about to do the same thing. Thanks
1987 951 Turbo
1981 928 blk/blk 5sp
Old 01-31-2018, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: