Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cool baby seats in 944's

I can not make a car seat fit securely into the back of my 944 s2. I have called dealerships and parts companies. They have recommended that I remove the rear seat belts and replace them with seat belts that work with a car seat. Does anyone have experience with this? I am hoping for an easy fix. Help

Old 05-31-2001, 11:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

when i bought my first 944, many moons ago, it had a shoulder belt setup in it that bolted to the c-pillar. it was for a baby seat. i dont know who made it or where it came from but it does exist if that helps you at all. i still have the car but removed the belt, if i come across it i will let you know.
Old 05-31-2001, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Wink

I have heard that Porsche produce(d) child seats for most past and present models. Trouble is you'd probably have to sell the baby to be able to afford one.
Prices I have heard mentioned in the UK are around the 200-300 mark.
Happily when they grow up (my daughter is 4) the rear seats are brilliant with just an adaptor to bring the shoulder belt height down. (my 951 or should that be 952!!) has the 3-point rear belts.
Old 06-01-2001, 01:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Non Compos Mentis

I got one of those car seats that has just the booster bottom and the big padded bar thingy that the lap belt wraps around. I carved the rear edges off so that it would fit the rear snuggly. Worked great.
Old 06-01-2001, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thank you for the help. I have heard of the Porsche baby seat. $240!! I think I will look into different seat belts. If anyone comes up with anything else in the future please let me know!!
Old 06-01-2001, 09:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Aaron, I ran into the same problem with my 20 month old boy. I just didn't feel good about the fit of the child seat, so I made my child a 5-point harness for the back seat. All five points bolt to the frame and it can be adjusted so he is so snug, he doesn't move at all. He absolutely loves it and gets mad every time he sees the car and were not going in it. I will post some pics if you'd like. I feel better with this setup than I do with a child seat properly place in a family car. He has two lap points, two shoulder points, and one antisubmarine point.

Dave(baby on board)

Old 06-04-2001, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: