Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Post Suspension is leaning help!

I have had to jack my 85.5 up on the drivers side a few times at late to complete repairs to the A/C system and motor mounts, now it's sitting funny on the drivers side, kinda low in the drivers side rear. I don't just want to try and adjust the torsion bar to correct this. Any ideas? And common failure points that cause this?

Old 06-05-2001, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Petie3rd

Send a message via Yahoo to Mrmerlin
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scott R:
Hi Scott sounds like you have a few bolts loose on your rear suspension the bolts I am refefrring to are the two big bolts on the arm that comes from the tosion bar anyway there are two bolts towards the front and three bolts towards the rear on this arm the 3 bolts are for wheel alighnment and the 2 foward are for ride ht adjustment, to re set them you need to measure the top of the fender lip to the bottom of the rim edge on both rear sides then jack it up hi if possibble USE JACKSTANDS, then look under the car at both arms and see if the arms are both looking the same you will see once you get under the car to adjust this you will need to loosen just a few turns the 2 foward bolts one is an eccentric this will raise or lower the arm in relation to the torsion bar link, this does not mean that you have to take the torsion bar assembly out to reindex the bars I think that it can be adjusted out with the eccentrics..........Stan
Old 06-05-2001, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Yea, it's consistant. It's subtle you don't notice it while driving but if I park it flat an look at it the right rear looks slumped. The first time I noticed it I thought it was a flat tire. From the looks of it what I really need to do is take a tape measure to it and adjust it out of the torsion bar. At least I hope thats all it is.

Old 06-05-2001, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: