Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post loose rear view mirror

Does anyone know how to fix one of these? It's loose (wiggly in the socket housing thing on back of mirror), and the night/day switch doesn't stay locked anymore. I have two 944's with this same problem.

When the mirror mount came off the windshield, I just should have bought a new after market mirror. Of course the 944's have a round metal plate that the mirror neck slips over, and I haven't seen any after market mirrors with that same design.

In other words, a new no-name one with rectangular type metal plate is about $12 locally...

Dean

Old 06-06-2001, 03:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Petie3rd

Send a message via Yahoo to Mrmerlin
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dean Gurko:

Hi Dean hey the bigger the glob the better the job.........try this get some RTV black and fill in the socket on the back of your mirror slide it back onto the holder and tape it in place with some masking tapeit will take a few days to fully cure, as far as the day nite thing goes you will have to get another morror try the junk yard, the mirror can be removed from the ball very carefully, to install I used a lighter to very gently heat the socket in the mirror so it would strech over the ball it works well and it fits tight on the ball ........Stan
Old 06-06-2001, 07:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Cebu
There are spring clips on the back of the rear view mirror stem where it slides into the mirrow mounting bracket on the windshield. The mirrow assembly to mounting plate pressure may be manipulated by using a flat tip screw driver with mirrow assembly removed from the mounting bracket.

Old 06-07-2001, 05:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: