Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Post Intermittent dying revisited

Still an ongoing problem with my 1985.5 na 944 is this damn dying issue. No rhyme or reason to it, any temperature. As I stated in an earlier post the tach just drops, and it dies. I can't let the clutch out and restart it, it doesn't work. I have to turn the key all the way off and then back to start and it works fine! Now for somethingt new. When I turn the key to start the horn honks (not all the time just after it dies.) So I am thinking now that somnewhere between the alarm control module and the starter cutoff is the problem. Where to go from here I have no idea. I am going to change my ignition and alarm relays first then work backwards through the trouble steps in the service manual. So a question for all the others that have this problem. Do you all have factory alarms?

Old 06-06-2001, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Cebu
I suggest the first step is to (isolate) deactivate the factory alarm system and see what happens before going further. If your door switches for interior light is working, when and if the shutdown occur, open the door or hood and verify if the factory alary horn blows. If it does, the problem is most likely the alarm circuit.
Old 06-07-2001, 05:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
That brings up a good point. My drivers door switch sticks and the light does not always come on. But should that not be disabled with the key in the "Run" position?

Old 06-07-2001, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: