Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
Post Cheap Brake cooling ducts/free rotors

I'm routing some cooling ducts to the rotors on my 84 NA, will let you guys know how it helps if anybody's interested. I'll post a few pictures of my favorite brake set-up for 944 NAs: ATE Powerslot rotors, Pagid orange brake pads, braided stainless steel brake lines, ATE super blue racing brake fluid. With this set-up, the brakes simply do not fade, with an otherwise stock (but new parts) brake components, even on track. The only time I ever experianced VERY slight fade was the second turn after the long straight at VIR.

I'm replacing rotors, pads, rebuilding calipers, and wheel bearings. I have a used pair of ATE powerslot rotors if anybody needs them. They're straight, and quite a bit over the minimum thickness. Keith, if you think you have a use for these, let me know, and I'll bring them with me to the auto-x this weekend. If not, I'll give them away to anybody who wants em.

Here are some pics:

New/old rotors/pads

Brake cooling ducts

Looks like I pulled the pads off right before they started chewing into the rotors!

And yes, German beer does help when working on the Porsche

If anybody is interested in more details, or the rotors, let me know.
Ahmet

------------------
It's all the driver...
My page over1g@hotmail.com
Porsche owners Gallery.../My 944

Old 06-06-2001, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Ahmet, is that brake duct drier hose? Tell us more about it. If you could show more pictures of it, I would be much obliged. Seems like an interesting mod...

------------------
ribs, 86' 951
Old 06-06-2001, 03:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Petie3rd

Send a message via Yahoo to Mrmerlin
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ribs:
Hi Ribs I see you have a 951 if so then you should also have the brake cooling plates bolted to your front struts yes???
If you dont then you should get em they bolt to each front strut with 2 bolts they are aluminum they pick up the air coming thru the front brake slot in the facia and aim the air into the inside of the hub/rotor assy............Stan
Old 06-06-2001, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Hey Ahmet I'll take the rotors let me know if I need to get them shipped to me.

------------------
Drive it like you stole it........Justin

Old 06-07-2001, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: