Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

US Grand Prix

Reminder for all you dedicated racing fans out there.

The FIA Formula 1 US Grand Prix is this Sunday so check it out and support some REAL motorsports. (instead of that NASCAR junk all you rednecks watch just kidding, I watch NASCAR also)

my main man Montoya gonna take it away from Schumi this year!!!

i've wondered this for quite some time but when is Porsche ever gonna compete in F1?

944 Turbo 5-spd, Black, 1987-present
70k miles
Old 09-25-2003, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Trevor
They already did, back in the day. They are spending too much money on the Cayenne to invest in a racing program of that calibar. I went to the first three U.S. Grand Prix in Indy but now that I'm away from school I'll miss it. A damn shame.
2001 Taurus noooooooooooooo!
1993 325is
Old 09-25-2003, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to perfecto951
They should have more F1 races in the US. It's awesome.

Well, i have a superticket to the Peteit Le Mans on October 18th. Anyone else going? - it's usually a pretty big porsche meet.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

i knew abt Porsche racing in F1 awhile ago but I know they spent alot of money on the Cayenne and the Carrera GT but i'm want them to enter in the V10 NA era, not the V6 turbocharged era

also, there are a few reasons why there will not be more than one grand prix in the US in the near future:
1) F1 Calendar is already very full. Even the most well-funded teams only have a budget for about 18 races a season and there are many countries vying for a spot on that calenday and since US already has one, they ain't gonna give us another.
2) FIA (or Bernie Ecclestone) has extremely stringent rules with regards to the specifications and facilties required for a circuit to run an F1 Grand Prix. Most circuits do not have the budget (we are talking 50 to 60 million to upgrade even for a circuit as well known as Silverstone) to upgrade the circuit to F1 standards.
3) Formula 1 is a the world pinnacle of motor racing and there is a reason why it is considered the US Grand Prix and not the Indianopolis Grand Prix. Formula wants to remain special and exclusive.

70k miles

Last edited by dj_yen; 09-25-2003 at 09:02 AM..
Old 09-25-2003, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Michael's got too much skill, pride, funding, engineering to let this championship slip away.
Too bad they dropped Montreal, great venue for racing and night life.
Porsche has recently said they would enter the highest form of racing again at the time of their choosing - that means they are planning something (it was either in the current issue of Panorama or Excellence).
Old 09-25-2003, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

you know i heard that also but i thought they meant their return to lemans cause they left with promise of returning

remeber the, porsche gt1?

*sigh*

70k miles
Old 09-25-2003, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: