Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post Porsche dream to be postponed..

Sigh...I went to look at the 944 today and man, that was the biggest pile of turd I've seen in a while. The hood was being held up with a long plastic crate. The interior was all torn, power windows were barely working, sunroof was bad. I looked in the engine compartment and I saw lots of rust. There was water collecting in crevices from the rain yesterday. The timing belt cover looked like nobody has ever touched it. And to top it off, there was a pully that didnt' even have a belt on it. (lower passenger side, I don't know what it is.) The paint was not factory and was chipping. It looked like the dealer had tried to spray paint the top and the hood to cover up some flakes. Sigh... I guess I'll keep looking... But I'd like to thank you all for helping me out. I really appreciate the quick responses and the advice I was given. It really made me like Porsche even more (if that's possible). Thanks guys.

Old 06-08-2001, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Banned

the missing belt is for the power stearing pump. Sorry it didn't work out for you...

IMOP, a lot of the cars that go thru the used car auctions are in this or similar condition... dealers pick them up, give -em a good clean, some paint, a few simple mechanical repairs and back to un-suspecting consumers they go. You totally did the right thing by walking away...

Old 06-08-2001, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: