Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally posted by CJFusco
RE: the brown dashboard on early cars

Well, the look is different, isn't it?
Hehehe, yeah, it's different like every other 80's sport cars

My old 280ZX had a brown dash. I just feel like it dates the car. The rest of the car looks as though it could of been made in the 90's or even more modern, but then you see the brown dash, and it's 80's re-visited.

But then again, it's all just personal opinion. I really like my all black interior, with the 'PORSCHE' cloth seat inserts.
02 Altima SE 3.5 - grocery go-getter
00 Yellow Ducati Monster 900i.e. 88 Chrysler Conquest TSi
Old 09-27-2003, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
there are lines of the outside of the of the car where the pieces should separate but they are just like body lines(buldge a little) on the other side the sheetmetal is just onepiece with no signs of separation or bondo or welding. when i did hit that guard rail i nailed where the fender is supposed to be separate it didnt separate just dented inward.

as for the dash i was too afraid of what id find wher i first looked at the car. i figured if the PO owner would put something like that on there the dash would surly be cracked. after i got home i took it off and sure enough it is cracked but i can live with it.

besides all that the car did have a few quirks... when i tried to roll the windows down for the first time the windows only went halfway. i removed the door panels to find that the PO had cut away parts of the sheetmetal on the inside of the door and fitted mismatched speakers in each side. so i took those out and put a nice pair of polks in the factory door spots and problem cured. all in all i love the car though.

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: